"Mature" Star Wars 1313 Announced

Epic Action.

LucasArts have announced Star Wars 1313, a “mature” game set in the familiar universe.

“Level 1313 is a dark, vast subterranean metropolis beneath the surface of the planet Coruscant where the criminal underworld thrives,” says the press release, which means nothing at all to me.

1313 is a third person action title, where the players take on the role of a bounty hunter.

The game will feature “epic action adventure game play”, “exotic weaponry” and “gadgets that bounty hunters depend on for survival.” It’ll also involve cover-based shooter, platforming and cinematic gameplay.

LucasArts is bringing in top artistic and technical talent from all parts of the Lucasfilm organization, including Industrial Light & Magic, Skywalker Sound and Lucasfilm Animation Ltd.

1. posem

screw this, im still holding out for Battlefront 3!

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 08:40.
    • Kivi95
      Since: Oct 2009

Yeah would have hopped this was Battlefront 3 :(

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 08:51.
      • posem

there is still hope, as a while back it was mentioned they were making 3 or 4 seperate games, an action.adventure, a fps, and a flight simulator thing. and lucasarts has recently had people around their studios filming interviews and shit, so a big announcement at E3 is iminant!

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 08:56.
    • gazzagb
      Master of speling mitakse

Same, I was hoping it would be B3, Battlefront 2 was one of my favourite PS2 games, split screen co-op was amazing!

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 09:35.
  2. Jim Hargreaves

Wasn’t there a Star Wars bounty hunter game for last gen platforms?

Even so, I’m looking forward to this.

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 08:42.
    • PoorPaddy89

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, on PS2 and GameCube. I loved that game when I was 12. Then I replayed it last year and realised how being a Star Wars fanboy clouded my judgement of what decent gameplay was :( Still, playing as Jango Fett was pretty cool.

Hoping this is better.

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 09:38.
  3. brillerment
    Since: Sep 2009

I’m still waiting for a Republic Commando sequel, that game was one of the best Star Wars titles… and ended with a cliffhanger damnit!

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 08:49.
    • Kennykazey
      Since: Mar 2010

Yeah, I had that on Xbox! It was awesome and so deserving of a sequel, if only spiritual.

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 22:57.
  4. Watchful
    Team TSA: Writer
    Since: Oct 2008

I’m still waiting for a current-gen X-Wing or Dark Forces style game. SW:TOR doesn’t quite scratch that itch satisfyingly enough.

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 09:03.
    • dizwod

Dark forces was epic, Was it Jedi Knight (dark forces 2) with the uber multiplayer hacking? one of the best games ever hehe

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 10:47.
  5. Death_In_Flamez
    Since: Feb 2011

What intrigues me is that “3rd person” aspect. Does the Battlefront series count as “action”? This may very well be a reincarnation? Either way definitely excited for this!

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 09:36.
  6. colossalblue
    Team TSA: Editor

What a terrible title. Sounds a bit like Force Unleashed: The No Force Edition. Firmly reserving judgement on this.
    I want mature Star Wars more than anything but everything the franchise has done since landing on Endor has been various degrees of nauseating.

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 09:43.
  7. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

So in a universe where people can use the force and lightsabers, they have decided that won’t be used in this and instead we can play as a bounty hunter. No thanks, Jedi/sith or no deal. At least there won’t be a dancing mode, Right? RIGHT!? But seeing as SW is dead to me, i’m not that interested in this.

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 09:47.
  8. Boomshanks

Dark Star Void Wars?

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 09:57.
  9. coruscant
    Since: Oct 2010

The setting and background sounds exactly like the Star Wars live action TV show they’ve been talking about. I guess they decided that since they can’t make that yet, it would be a good idea for a game. As for the bounty hunter bit, I love Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PS2, hopefully it’ll be like that (i.e. even if you don’t play as a Fett you get a jetpack :D ).

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 10:07.
  10. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 01/06/2012 at 10:56.