Sony Teasing "The Future Of PlayStation Plus"

Alright, I give in.

Just to add more fuel to the current rumours, Sony’s E3 teaser page proudly tells readers to expect something big with regards to PlayStation Plus – specifically “The Future Of PlayStation Plus”.

Few people know what this might mean – it might be about some free games, or it might well be about the much-anticipated online streaming service, or some other new super secret treat…

E3 (or at least the press conferences) kicks off tomorrow. We’ll cover everything we can.

Via GAF.

1. hol
    Since: Oct 2009

*month* :)

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 10:35.
  2. ico
    Since: Aug 2010

Better be worth it Sony. You’ve gotta be very careful hyping something up to that degree. Let’s hope they can delivery. I’ve got a wedding tomorrow but will keep checking in regularly throughout the day. Thank goodness for smart phones. Guess I better check when the Somy reveal is Uk time.

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 10:57.
    • ico
      Since: Aug 2010

Hm. Just realised it’s 1am Tuesday morning. Could be tucked up in bed in drunken haze at that time. Hopefully the good news will be hangover-cure worthy. On top of a full English of course. Hurry up E3 already. I’m banking on you to restore my faith in gaming. Just in time for the big brother launch too (ie wifey watches bb and i get some peace and gaming quiet at the same time).

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 11:03.
  3. psychobudgie

As Sony are skint I fully expect it to be some sort of price rise thinly veiled as a tiered content system. Pay what you currently do and get a pile of excrement that we frankly would be happy to give away or pay more and get some semi decent stuff or pay loads and get good stuff. If it isn’t this I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 11:19.
  4. Rocket_345

This better be good after all the hype it’s been given.

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 11:19.
  5. wonkey-willy
    Since: Jan 2010

it will become worth the forty quid you shell out for it!
    nope just kidding….

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 11:29.
    • Sympozium

No I don’t think so, Its well worth it.

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 11:57.
  6. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 11:57.
  7. TSBonyman

Looking forward to finally finding out what the heck all this is about! :)

I believe Nintendo are doing a surprise early E3 webcast focusing on Wii U, it’ll be on their Facebook Wii U page at 6pm ET, 3pm PT….. can someone translate that to our time… i think it’s either 2am or 3am here..
    This is the link for the webcast.. nowt there yet of course..

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 12:33.
    • TSBonyman

to clarify, it’s being broadcast today, sunday so we should be watching here at 2am/3am monday morning… or late tonight.. hang on did i say clarify.. i think i need more coffee.. :/

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 12:39.
  8. cam_manutd

What time will it be shown in the UK? I always try to set myself to watch it but I get the times mixed up :/

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 12:43.
    • cam_manutd

Apparently 6 pm tomorrow…

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 12:47.
      • psychobudgie

6pm Pacific Time which translates to GMT – 8 so it’s 4 in the morning or as it’s Summer 5am on Tuesday. Yay.

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 13:01.
      • Watchful
        Team TSA: Writer
        Since: Oct 2008

It’s 18:00PDT tomorrow (that’s LA time) or 02:00BST Tuesday morning (London time).

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 13:03.
      • Watchful
        Team TSA: Writer
        Since: Oct 2008

@psychobudgie LA is on Pacific Daylight Time which is UTC-7. We’re currently on British Summer Time in the UK which is UTC+1.
        Hence Mon 6PM LA is Tue 2AM London.

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 13:07.
      • psychobudgie

Woo at my craptastic arithmetic and shabby timezone guesswork

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 13:11.
      • cam_manutd

This is why I hate time differences lol always get it wrong. Thanks for clearing that up I will be up early Tuesday morning for it :)

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 13:11.
      • Kevling

I could maybe cope with a 1am conference, but given that Sony’s normally last about an hour (AND start late), I’m not staying up till gone 3. I’ll pick the news up when I get up on Tuesday :)

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 13:25.
  9. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

Could be something great, although it’s worth remembering that EU PS+ is different and seperate to US PS+, meaning we mightn’t get what they announce on stage.

That said, the EU Blog will probably tell us what we’re actually getting.

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 13:01.
  10. BrendanCalls
    Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc - YOHIMBÉ!!!

So tempted to buy 3 months sub right now.

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 13:21.
    • Mr-Flame-Head
      Since: Mar 2009

right now you get like at least £70 worth of stuff so its technically worth it even if the announcement doesnt quite pan out

Comment posted on 03/06/2012 at 15:47.