Sony Announce Free, Full Games Coming to PS+

inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2 and Saints Row 2, amongst others.

Sony have announced that PlayStation Plus members will be getting free, originally disk-based games, starting tomorrow – at least in North America. inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2 and Saints Row 2 are all amongst a group of 12 games that will hit the North American PS+ tomorrow.

Part of a rotation, there will be 12 games available at a time, exactly what those games will be will change regularly. How regular that will be is unknown at this time. We also don’t have any information as to when this is coming to the EU – it could be tomorrow, but we can’t confirm either way until SCEE wake up. We can confirm that it’s an amazing offer and EU PlayStation owners will go a little crazy if we – uh, they don’t get it soon.

1. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

SCEE were certainly hyping it up on twitter, so I’d expect at the very least that we see similar deals.
    No mention of the streaming service either (yet).

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 02:52.
  2. tatoemonkey
    Since: Apr 2009

Jack Tretton was very careful to add the North America bit so wether that is due to timing or actual content etc but I can’t help feeling a little bit bit forgotten about as an SCEE customer. Glass half full glass half full……. Harry Plopper is out now crikey lol

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 02:55.
  3. matthangzhou
    Since: Sep 2010

This is fantastic news…if we get it too. It’s certainly been more equal lately so I don’t see why not.

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 02:55.
  4. sabbat7001
    Since: Jun 2010

I am so livid right now. The PS Ultimate Bundles specifically said that they were only available until today so like an asshole I thought I’d get a good deal and paid my $23 for Infamous 2 not an hour ago. Now I get told it’ll be part of PS+ to which I already subscribe. Way to screw me over Sony. Gaaaaah.

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 02:58.
    • tatoemonkey
      Since: Apr 2009

bummer

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 03:08.
  5. Izorpo
    Since: Jun 2012

if this doesn’t come to EU plus – expect a major PR disaster as far as the EU blog is concerned

hope SCEE will surprise us and finally make EU plus on par with US plus but I wouldn’t count on it (I’m not a pessimist normally but it is SCEE we are talking about)

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 02:58.
  6. Michael33
    Since: Oct 2008

“Calling all SCEE Plus members! Instant Game Collection is coming to SCEE – not just SCEA – blog post will be coming soon.”

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 03:05.
    • tatoemonkey
      Since: Apr 2009

better than the post party fireworks at the palace :) nice one dude

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 03:10.
  7. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

I wouldn’t mid having inFamous 2 and Saints Row 2 on the PS3 HDD.

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 03:28.
  8. pvwradtke

Smart move. Get good old games that most people already have, and put them to play for “free” for a limited time. 12 games at a time, so it’s clear that the games subscribers will get will change, so the license to play them as well. The smart part is that some people will play them, but not finish them, so they’ll end up buying it just to get that platinum trophy.

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 03:33.
    • uncharted86
      Since: Jan 2012

Where does it say that they will work differently than previous “free” games? As long as you subscribe to Plus you can still play them after they are gone from the offerings.

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 03:40.
  9. TSBonyman

Looking forward to seeing what’s in store :)

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 03:38.
  10. E8_BALL_
    Since: Jul 2010

Thats more like it. A reason to get my subscription back on. I signed up on release day, but it never ended up paking the punch i’d expected.

Comment posted on 05/06/2012 at 03:55.