Dead Island Returns With "Riptide"

Still dead.

Deep Silver have just announced the development of a new entry to the Dead Island franchise, called, rather excitingly, Riptide.

The tiny press release simply states that Techland are behind the development again and a full reveal of the game’s “thrilling new perils” is planned for later this summer.

There’s no info on the site, the Twitter or even in the elaborate, extensive ARG.

What, you didn’t see it?

1. Sympozium

Maybe in this installment its set… in a volcanic island or a theme park…maybe a surfing resort?

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 10:27.
    • Origami Killer

Or on a tropical island beach resort…oh wait.

Riptide hints at surf/sea so you may be onto something with the latter :)

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 10:39.
  2. element666
    Since: Mar 2012

Sweet! Dead Island was a great game despite its many flaws.
    If they learn from their mistakes this could be incredible!

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 10:37.
    • McProley
      Since: Aug 2011

Yeah, I still maintain it was one my best games last year, Thouroughly enjoyable!

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 10:56.
      • Origami Killer

As soon as it went into the City and Sewers I lost interest and never returned to it. Story was a shambles too, no emotion and also confusing and cringe worthy cut scenes. Loss of saved data on top of that was really annoying. Repetitive missions became well repetitive.
        Sort this out in the next and keep it at the beach resort or whatever riptide implies at (maybe even a cruise liner) then im sold.

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 11:00.
      • steverouse1234
        Since: Aug 2010

I agree. I definetly got bored once it left the beach.

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 12:31.
  3. Izorpo
    Since: Jun 2012

if they don’t punish people who get the game early by having an update on release day that wipes all progress…meaning one has to start all over again

and no copy protected saves please – nothing more frustrating to find your favourite weapon has glitched out of your hand and having to wait 24 hours to download the save again

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 10:45.
  4. Smallville2106
    Since: Feb 2011

Still need to play through the original. Will pick it up soon.

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 12:44.
  5. scavenga

I don’t know what’s going on with me, first I read the title as “Tipride”, and then I read “thrilling new penis”.
    I might be avoiding this title down the line, it makes me uncomfortable now.

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 12:52.
  6. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

I really hope that they will just focus on a family trying to survive the zombie outbreak as that will make an emotional game. Yes, i’m still not over that.

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 17:02.
  7. Boomshanks

Didn’t they state they weren’t making a sequel to Dead Island. Hmm wonder what this will be.

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 17:13.