The PS Vita Videos Sony Should Have Shown You This E3

Clean up on aisle 10.

Twenty minutes. That’s how long we suffered that terrible, boring book demo thing during Sony’s E3 press conference a day or two back. It was dull, badly paced and just a little bit broken, no matter which way you try to dress it up.

What should have been in its place? The poor PS Vita, practically abandoned during the 90 minutes save for a brief snippet of an Assassin’s Creed side-story, a confirmation of a PS3 port and a subtitle. Did I miss anything? Didn’t think so.

As far as I’m concerned, whoever made the decision to fill that most valuable slot the way it was might well have sentenced the Vita to an early bath – anyone on the fence about what the machine is capable of is probably filling Nintendo’s pockets instead.

But there are games on show at E3, at least away from the crowds. Fewer people will see them, naturally, but if you dig around a bit they’re there. And thanks to this guy on YouTube, those of us that couldn’t make it to the event can at least see what’s going on.

So let’s see.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale:

Foosball 2012

Jet Set Radio

Orgarhythm

Retro City Rampage

Sine Mora

Sly Cooper

Snapshot

Super Monkey Ball

Sunflowers

Will any of these games make a huge difference to the PS Vita’s sales? Possibly, yes, and that’s why – in my opinion – they should have been shown off during the presser, when millions were watching. Millions of people that are keen to know what the Vita can do.

And millions that never got the chance.

1. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Sony really needed to show a mix of Vita games, if they showed even just 30 second clips of each game outlining what it’s about, that’s bound to drum up interest, especially if they could of shown some COD footage, even just a CGI trailer would of caused a stir.
    And Sony’s main thing with Vita seems to be it’s primarily for PS3 owners; they showed us 1 cross-play game. I don’t get how they think Vita can be successful when they waste an opportunity like E3 to drum up some desperately needed sales of Vita.

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 21:18.
  2. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Awesome article, new look site rocks, TSA I LOVE YOU!

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 21:24.
  3. cam_manutd

I can understand why they showed wonderbook off because it is unique…but not at the conference for games and games on the best handheld yet.

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 21:37.
  4. Lymmusic
    Since: Mar 2010

Really wish they had shown gt vita or done a new firmware to include ps1 and 2 classics on vita which went live during the conference. If no new gt then how about a gt4 hd update with cross play on vita.. Id get that.

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 22:08.
  5. MuggleMind

The Battle Royale game did include two people playing using Vitas, though it wasn’t greatly pushed.

Other than that, lousy choice by Sony. The wonderbook looked like a poor man’s eye of judg(e)ment to me. A complete waste of my time… 20 minutes that I’ll never get back.

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 22:13.
  6. tantalus_blank
    Since: Nov 2008

Can’t say there’s anything there that even tempts me to get a vita. When the LBP2 DLC comes out however…

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 22:23.
  7. skibadee
    Since: Oct 2009

Gamescom they showed a lot guess it will be the same this year.

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 22:28.
  8. cam_manutd

The Japanese Battle Royale for PS3 and Vita with crossplay. A bonkers idea for a game I know just thought I would put it out there *sits back down and looks down anxiously*

Comment posted on 06/06/2012 at 22:32.
  9. Shalashaska

Except for retro city rampage none of these games interest me ……..sad face………would really love a AAA new ip for the vita to show off the power of the mini ps3.

Comment posted on 07/06/2012 at 00:54.
  10. Dom El
    Since: Mar 2012

Sine Mora and JSR are both looking great on Vita – I can’t wait!

Comment posted on 07/06/2012 at 01:58.