You

WeView Verdict: inFamous 2

An electrifying result?

With inFamous 2’s new availability on PlayStation Plus it’s no surprise that this WeView got a good response, although it’s clear that many have had the game since its original release last year. Before we get onto the game, I would like to express my sympathy for Origami Killer who commented that he’s “Still downloading, nearly taken me two weeks now.” Poor chap, I’m sure the game will finally find its way to his hard drive soon.

Moving on to those who have actually managed to get the game, we’ll kick things off with PA_Kid who’s new to this commenting business having only signed up to TSA last month. They were a fan of the first game, despite being left unimpressed by its demo, and were equally enamoured with inFamous 2, saying that “The second was just as good if not better.”

Their reasons for such love of the game? Well in particular they plucked out the story and the combat, which they said “makes you feel powerful without feeling overly complex.” In a game with the pace of inFamous you certainly don’t want to be left struggling with the combat, and a feeling of real power is always welcome.

Sitting at the other end of the spectrum was one of our old hands, 2ofclubs. Their comment began with “I can’t understand what the fuss is with inFamous 2,” and you just know it’s not going to swerved into a positive view from there.

Their of the opinion that the game is little more than a third person shooter “with lightening versions of a pistol, grenade and rocket launcher all present and accounted for,” an opinion I hadn’t considered before, although the comparison certainly feels valid. Also, in contrast to PA_Kid, they felt that Cole was underpowered, and that his power surge in the late game was too little too late.

20fclubs was certainly the outlier this week though, with most sharing the views of PA_Kid or Bodachi. In Bodachi’s look at the game they were extremely positive, saying “There is just no better feeling then running round an open world with super powers.”

They also mentioned that both of the inFamous games were in the select few titles that they’ve played twice, in this case to see the difference between good and evil. That karma split was something they though was handled better in the second game, saying “the difference between the good and evil endings was great.”

Finally this week we turn to Forrest_01. Whilst some may not agree with their opinion, I do think it sums up the game and the driving force behind it:

There is simply nothing more empowering than running around an open world having superpowers & it being your choice who you intend to use them on. Do you try & help the populace & keep them safe from harm, or do you see them as nothing more than obstructions to your destructive power? As some game-shows from the 80′s tended to mention: The choice is yours.

Now it’s time to head onto the community’s verdict. This is a pretty simple one this week, with just one person electing to Rent the game, and the remaining twenty-three rating it as a Buy It. So there you go, buy it or download it for free if you have PlayStation Plus. We’ll be back tomorrow with a new game to look at, and remember we’re currently plucking titles from Sony’s PlayStation Plus offerings.

Read more: # #
  1. teflon
    Community Team

I forgot to comment on this, but inFamous 2 was just an utterly delightful game. Such a huge, sweeping improvement beyond the original title in every single regard and well worth the double play through to see the conclusion to the series from all angles.

Comment posted on 25/06/2012 at 16:08.
    • bunimomike

Agreed. They really managed to turn the dial up on pretty much every facet of the original which is something that demands my respect.

Comment posted on 25/06/2012 at 16:41.
  2. Origami Killer

haha thanks for the sympathy :P Its downloaded now, and Im played the first hour and liking it! :) Better than the first by the looks of it so far.

Comment posted on 25/06/2012 at 17:25.
  3. TSBonyman

I got stuck on one annoying mission but i have to say it’s a much better game than the original.

Comment posted on 25/06/2012 at 17:26.
  4. Carl
    Since: Jan 2009

If you haven’t played it with Move, i recommend checking it out. It’s a total dream.

Comment posted on 25/06/2012 at 19:04.
  5. blast71
    Since: May 2012

Infamous was my 1st plat, i loved it. (Except the damn blast shards)
    Got Infamous 2 from Gamestation a couple of months back for £7.98 and still not played it, also downloaded Festival of blood off store and still not played that either.
    They’re both part of my pile of shame that is slowly getting worked through ;)

Comment posted on 25/06/2012 at 19:52.
    • Forrest_01

Ooh – Thank you. I had completely forgotten about Festival of blood! :D

I was just looking at that photo thinking that even though i have platted & traded it, i do quite miss infamous 2, but FoB had admittedly slipped my mind.

Might check out what sort of size (in MB/GBs) that rocks in at (& price of course!). Unfortunately, i expect it to be quite large in size & that causes issues for me as i am constantly clambering for space.

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 09:58.
      • Origami Killer

5 or so GB, and over £5 (cant remember price as I bought it during a sale)
        Also reminds me to go back and complete FoB, played a bit more of InFamous 2 today :)

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 16:36.
      • Forrest_01

Nice one – Thanks OK. :)

Yeah, although FoB uses the same mechanics (mostly) as infamous 2, it simply cannot compare to the full game. I adored infamous 2 & i would advise you spend more time with it!

5GB is actually more reasonable than i thought actually for FoB considering it doesn’t require the original game to run, so i think the price will be the decider. I’ll have a look tonight when i have been knocked out of the Showdown tournament. :)

I have a feeling its £7.99 usually, but was reduced in the sale to about £3.99 i think (which i recall seeing, but didn’t have enough space for it).

Comment posted on 26/06/2012 at 16:50.
  6. 2ofclubs
    Since: Sep 2008

I had a feeling I might get a mention given my minority view, lol

Comment posted on 25/06/2012 at 20:09.
  7. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

Haven’t really gotten into inFamous 1 yet!
    Still have to finish downloading inFamous 2 as well- this article just prompted me to turn my PS3 on for the first time since I left on my holiday, been back nearly a week!
    And downloading the 15gb file is taking ages…

Oh well, back to the Vita! :)

Comment posted on 25/06/2012 at 20:44.