Here's Your MGS4 Trophy List

These look a bit... easy.

It’s been a long wait for fans of the stealth-action series but, at last, Metal Gear Solid 4 is getting the trophy treatment next month (for Japan AND other regions).

Bronze You enjoy all the killing, that’s why. Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.
Bronze Divine Wind Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
Bronze Hands Up! Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
Bronze Emotion Control Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
Bronze Hurt me more! Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
Bronze Drum Can Addict Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
Bronze That Tune Is His Mind Control Music Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
Bronze Overhead view — just like old times… Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver SUNLIGHT! Obtained the Solar Gun.
Silver I Just Don’t Fear Death Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
Silver Where I Can See Ya Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
Silver Ghost Photography Addict Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver FaceCamo Addict Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
Silver Can you feel my power now!!!? Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
Silver Are you an Otaku too? Viewed all model posters.
Silver You’re pretty good. Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
Gold Flashback Mania Viewed all flashbacks.
Gold Sounds of the Battlefield Obtained all iPod® tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).
Gold I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology. Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
Platinum The Legendary Hero Obtained all trophies.

A few in there might be tough to pull off (or will at least require a bit of time) but, for the most part, it looks relatively easy. Even more so when you hold it next to the MGS HD collection.

Hey, at least there aren’t any online trophies. Oh, what, too soon?

If you’re relatively new to the series (or just a bit of avid collector) Konami has confirmed that future retail stock of MGS4 will come with the trophies on-disc.

Source: Official PlayStation Blog

1. Deathbrin

“Even more so when you hold it next to the MGS HD collection.”
    I dunno, MGS3 Plat seems to be obtainable in a day or two?

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 19:29.
    • Pedromr
      Since: Oct 2010

I suppose you could get it relatively fast (as there are no time related trophies, as long as I can remember) IF you use a trophy guide. Otherwise finding all 64 kerotans should take a lil longer than that… But maybe I’m just horrible at mgs…

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 20:01.
    • lurch79
      Since: Nov 2011

I would say about 2 days given you have to search every inch of it for camo and kerotans

Comment posted on 08/08/2012 at 18:02.
  2. cam_manutd

Those don’t seem so bad. In the press release it said 34 trophies. Take it those are hidden or plot related?

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 19:44.
    • cam_manutd

[Edit] 14 trophies are hidden?

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 19:44.
      • Jim Hargreaves

Would seem so. I assume they may be story-related.

If they’re emblem-related, then yeh, we’re screwed.

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 19:48.
  3. fs
    Since: May 2012

MGS3 is easy, just time consuming. MGS2 is in a completely different league for platinum diificulty. Hardest platinum i’ve achieved. What sucks, or is kind of cool, depending how you look at it, alot of people including myself had to do that twice! First on the PS2 and 2nd when the HD collection was released!

These trophies don’t look so hard, once again, i’ll have to go through the game doing things i’ve already done (like obtain all ipod songs etc) just as I had to do with MGS 2 and 3.

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 19:45.
    • stueeeee

I did it twice already with the original SOL and with substance. I’ve yet to do them all on Hd collection as I always struggle on Extreme with Solidus on Arsenal.

Comment posted on 04/08/2012 at 10:57.
  4. Rabid-Coot
    Since: Oct 2009

So the other 14 must be secret.

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 19:46.
  5. fs
    Since: May 2012

& Yes, its definitely too soon *sobs*

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 19:47.
    • Jim Hargreaves

MG Online was one of the first games I got properly hyped about.

I still have fond memories, though the crappy Konami log-in BS really took the biscuit (to put it strongly.)

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 19:49.
      • fs
        Since: May 2012

I agree. Konami were still learning when they released MGS4, it was 2008 and although games like Halo and CoD had already done well there wasn’t that many great online fps games. I think Konami would have done things differently if the game was beign released say 2010. What bemuses me is that they seemed to do nothing other than release DLC to help people out. They didn’t do away with the Konami ID system and that will always go down as a negative for me. Having said that, the game itself was brilliant. The community stank but it was still a great online game, so many unique game modes that online MGS could produce such as Team Sneaking, Sneaking Mission and Stealth Deathmatch. The customization was another key factor, I found it so detailed and fun. Unlocking reward points was another little fun factor to the game, so you knew people with a red beret weren’t to be messed with. Then we have survival mode, the only gaming competition i’ve actually seen that takes place weekly and is organised by the people that make the game, it was such an awesome game mode and I spent many evenings playing survival. I wish they make a new game and learn from their mistakes.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 10:52.
  6. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

Peace Walker is a straightforward platinum but time consuming, this looks like it’ll be the same. Most of them are a massive surprise, like the Solar gun one!

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 19:50.
    • stueeeee

Peace Walker is straightforward to platinum?? I looked through that list and thought it was mental! Although I haven’t done much online stuff, or managed to get S on many missions….

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 22:15.
    • Deathbrin

Agree on Peace Walker, took me 92 hours but it was pretty straightforward.

Comment posted on 04/08/2012 at 10:44.
  7. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

Some of those look potentially time-consuming…STILL haven’t got a single Platinum myself, so maybe I’ll give this a try.

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 20:01.
  8. Charles Logan
    Since: Sep 2010

For your information, you only get the Snake Eater iPod song once you’ve collected all Emblems. That includes the Big Boss Emblem.

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 20:18.
    • PoorPaddy89

Yup. Isn’t the Patriot only achievable with BBE too?

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 20:43.
      • stueeeee

The patriot is obtainable with a password I think…

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 22:19.
      • stueeeee

But obv it says u can only the weapons trophy without the passwords…I’m sure I got the patriot on a 2nd play through without using a password…..
        Anyone know any passwords btw, just to check out all the weapons etc before starting a new save?

Comment posted on 04/08/2012 at 00:51.
    • stueeeee

Oh crap I remember reading that in the strategy guide, and u can only get the ‘Big Boss’ iPod song by getting the Big Boss facecamo, which requires getting the Big Boss emblem :-/

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 22:18.
      • cam_manutd

Looks like Kojima has given us a difficult plat then :/

Comment posted on 04/08/2012 at 09:26.
  9. retsam
    Since: Sep 2009

oh snap. I think I should have all of them… I believe that I need to start a new game though :(

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 20:53.
  10. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

I suck at earning trophies :(

Comment posted on 03/08/2012 at 21:48.