Sony Announces God Of War & inFamous Collections

Collections Line officially unveiled.

Sony has just announced the existence of the God of War and inFamous Collections, which will launch alongside the Ratchet & Clank Collection on August 28th.

The God of War Saga Collection will include all three of the main games as well as God of War: Chains Of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta. The collection will also feature a 1 month free trial for PS Plus, and all titles will be in HD.

The inFamous collection will include inFamous, inFamous 2 and inFamous: Festival of Blood. The collection will also include extra missions and new costumes, powers and weapon styles.

The Collections will launch both in retailers and on the PS Store from $29.99 in North America. A European release and pricing information is yet to be confirmed. Sony has also released the box art for all 3 of its Collection titles.

Source: PlayStation Blog

1. Forrest_01

Good if you have literally just picked up a PS3 i suppose. Or have to have absolutely everything in a franchise for your collection.

I don’t think a lot of the current install base will be that interested by these tbh, purely for the fact that most people that have been around for longer than a minute will probably have played most of these titles already.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:40.
    • Forrest_01

I stand corrected.

What i didn’t consider was that people might be trading 2 or 3 discs in order to have just one (or one set at least).

Still not sure i see the worth in the infamous one though, seeing as i think both games have been given away on plus for free now?

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:49.
      • Deathbrin

The first was for the PSN outage

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 19:11.
    • KeRaSh

I still haven’t finished inFamous 1 and never played the sequel. Probably not buying the collection since I stopped playing the first one due to it boring the hell out of me 80% through the game… :P

Comment posted on 07/08/2012 at 07:42.
  2. hazelam

the god of war collection doesn’t sound bad, five games for around the price of one budget title.

just have to wait and see what happens with the eu version.

i’m half expecting the sony mantra to come into play here.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:41.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

“From 29.99″ – not 29.99, the GOW collection will be more expensive.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 17:09.
      • hazelam

oh, missed that bit.
        still, five games, might be worth looking at.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 18:20.
  3. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

I’ve already got the two GoW Collections & GoW3, looks like I’ll be trading those three for this complete saga if this comes to EU

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:43.
  4. skibadee
    Since: Oct 2009

want the GOW saga hope it comes out here.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:45.
  5. parryman
    Since: Apr 2012

I want the GoW pack on the Vita.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:45.
  6. Jakster123x
    Since: Aug 2011

“The collection will also feature a 1 month free trial for PS Plus”. What? A month? Must be a typo, sorry for pointing it out.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:47.
    • Forrest_01

Why would that be a typo?

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:50.
      • Jakster123x
        Since: Aug 2011

Because i don’t know any game that has a month free trial, is it a SCEA thing? I thought it was just an hour free trial

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 16:00.
      • Forrest_01

Lol – It’s a PS+ trial.

I don’t think an hour would do you much good with most peoples internet connections! XD

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 16:02.
      • Jakster123x
        Since: Aug 2011

Yeah, i realised just after my last post -_-

Misread it.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 16:05.
  7. tom316

The GoW box art is beautiful ! Sadly I already have the first Collection (GoW1 & GoW2) and GoW3, so there’s not much point in buying this. If I want the other GoW Collections it would be cheaper just to buy those. Pretty good deal though inclduing the PS Plus trial.

Already have Infamous 1&2.

Not too interested in R&C, although I used to like it when it was on PS2.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:49.
    • Taylor Made
      Since: Oct 2011

Get GoW collection vol1 ghost of Sparta & chains of Olympus another good addition to your collection

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:54.
  8. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

I just need to plat GoW1 freaking challenge of the Gods broke 4 of my controllers & that’s the only GoW I ain’t platted.

Nice collection though if you haven’t played all those games, infamous awesome series, GoW best ever series. Never ever played ratchet looks like a kids game

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:53.
  9. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

I wonder if the GOW collection disc will swear at you then procceed to murder you via a massive boss battle? As it contains a lot of anger. Tis a bargain for 5 games on one disc.

I think you are saving nothing with the Infamous disc as i think you can get both I1&2 for less then £20.

As for the R&C collection, was it really neccessary to re-release it after 1 month of release. Actually, i can’t tell who is more pissed off, Ratchet or Kratos. There is only one way to find out. Insult them.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 15:58.
    • LethalX08
      Since: Nov 2011

Not the HD R&C games. Crank in time, tools of destruction & quest of booty. The PS3 made games.

I don’t think sony are that mad…

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 21:23.
      • Bambo_19
        Since: Dec 2011

I hope ur right because iv already got the HD collection. but tools of destruction and quest for booty didnt have trophies so hopefully there is a patch for that.
        Other than that i have platinumed every daym game here!

Comment posted on 07/08/2012 at 01:17.
      • MayContainEvil
        Since: Feb 2011

It says “remastered in HD” on the box, so that seems to suggest it is the PS2 era ones.

I also am confused by this.

Comment posted on 07/08/2012 at 14:56.
  10. teflon
    Community Team

Excellent price for all that content! $29 should come out around £25.

Also, I quite like the box art.

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 16:03.
    • cc_star
      Team TSA: Writer

“from”

My guess would be R&C at that price, maybe infamous too but GoW will be more

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 16:08.
    • PoorPaddy89

The God of War box art is definitely better than 3, at least. Hopefully they don’t change it though for the euro release…

Comment posted on 06/08/2012 at 17:09.