Tony Hawks HD Grinding Onto PSN This Month

Not long left to wait.

Those pesky Xbox 360 owners have been having all the fun, kickflipping over the half pipe in Warehouse and wallriding school bells. Well, fear not PS3-only skate fans – Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD isn’t far off for you.

Activision has just announced, via its Twitter feed and Facebook page, that it’s coming on the 28th of this month to the PSN. I’m not quite sure why they’ve mocked up a box cover for it, because it is still download only, but it’s nice to see, nonetheless.

Alex was a massive fan of the originals and found a lot to like in this version when he reviewed it so it’s certainly worth keeping an eye on.

There’s still no word of a date for the PC version.

1. Mickey2010
    Since: Jan 2010

It’s about time! Cannot wait will make sure i have money in my virtual PS wallet

Comment posted on 13/08/2012 at 15:49.
  2. Forrest_01

Dammit – When i saw that (what i now realise) mocked up box art, i got a little bit giddy for a second. I dare say i even got a bit wet.

Then i realised it was just a mock up (for some unknown reason) & this game went back to just being a bit ‘meh’ for me.

Y u toy with my emotions Activision??

Comment posted on 13/08/2012 at 16:00.
    • tactical20

Why does the format make a difference? Going from ‘wet’ to ‘meh’ because it’s digital and not disc, seems a bit odd?

Comment posted on 13/08/2012 at 16:54.
      • Forrest_01

Not really – I prefer disc based games, as they tend to take up less HDD space. Plus i have games on my HDD i haven’t really looked at in months, as i tend to focus on my boxed titles, as they are the games i can trade when i am done with them.

Besides, i suggested that they bundle all the content together (main game & DLC) & distibute it as a boxed product, which i thought they had taken ‘on board’ (haha!), but apparently not.

Case in point; If they released a bundled game with local multiplayer & all DLC included, it would be a day one for me. This however, i will likely give a miss, which is a shame.

Comment posted on 13/08/2012 at 16:59.
      • tactical20

Fair enough. Just found it a bit strange that your opinion on a game would change so much because of how much HDD space it would take up!

I’d be up for a disc version incl. DLC, but only because I’d more than likely be able to find it online for cheaper than on PSN.

Comment posted on 13/08/2012 at 20:06.
  3. stage1
    Since: Feb 2012

Too late Activision, lost interest now.

Comment posted on 13/08/2012 at 16:19.
    • tactical20

Talk about a short attention span, lol!

Comment posted on 13/08/2012 at 16:55.
      • stage1
        Since: Feb 2012

With the game not playing the same as the original coupled with delaying it on PSN; I think quite a few people will think the same.

Comment posted on 13/08/2012 at 18:22.
  4. Amphlett

You lost me at “…wallriding school bells”.

Let’s be honest here, Tony’s going to struggle to do any sort of skating with that fridge in tow.

Comment posted on 13/08/2012 at 16:58.
  5. mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

My money just got spent on Counter-Strike GO, you’re gonna have to wait Tony!

Comment posted on 13/08/2012 at 20:06.
  6. Kitch

PS+ freebie. This will be the big announcement. This is why I’m waiting before signing up again. I’ve got a few weeks left.

Comment posted on 13/08/2012 at 20:36.