Dice Quadruples Console Servers For Battlefield 3

Lots of room for everyone.

Dice has posted up a message on the Battlefield blog to let console players know that they’re listening. There’s been a few grumblings that it’s difficult to find a match, especially with so many rented servers being customised.

Well, Dice has said that they’ve effectively quadrupled the number of servers on both PS3 and Xbox 360 so it shouldn’t be a problem this weekend!

For the best results if you want an official DICE server, please refer to the manual server browser and enter “DICE” as a search term. If you go to the Server information screen, all official DICE servers will have the owner set to “DICE”. Remember that you can favorite servers that you like so you can easily find them again on your next session.

It’s also worth keeping in mind that TheSixthAxis has our own PS3 server that we rent. If you like the idea of playing with a group of fun-loving, welcoming Battlefield 3 players, check it out by searching for “TheSixthAxis.com Official Server”.

Source: Battlefield Blog

1. carson321

I have forgotten half of the maps in this game as they simply aren’t in any servers rotation!

Comment posted on 24/08/2012 at 17:46.
  2. Haydar
    Since: Mar 2012

Battlefield 3 is fail for me unless DICE fixes team balance issues. I’ve never met a balanced game. It’s always like 300-75 tickets.

Comment posted on 24/08/2012 at 18:03.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

To the best of my knowledge the teams never change after each game which seems silly, even when a game is incredibly one sided.

However, this is good news that they’re adding more servers!

Comment posted on 24/08/2012 at 20:14.
      • Haydar
        Since: Mar 2012

Battlefield games are long and as you say, mostly incredibly one sided. Even if there would be team balance between games, it would not be enough. There should be a smart in-game balance system. This status of the game is unexciting that i really never see a closely contested game.

As a Bad Company 2 veteran, i’m really disappointed that how DICE made a worse game than BC2. Only improvement over BC2 is prone and running diagonal. Nowadays I play MW3 mostly and at least i play some challenging and balanced games.

Comment posted on 24/08/2012 at 22:03.
  3. Yahavage
    Since: Apr 2010

Yay, finally! It has been a little bit off-putting trying to find non-retatded servers… might be tempted to go back and play this weekend!

Comment posted on 24/08/2012 at 18:14.
  4. samba987

This was one of the reasons I quit playing BF3 a few months ago, whenever I wanted to play there were no official severs free and the rented servers all had strange rules, one map or 10000 tickets per game. Still it’s too little too late for me, I won’t be going back to the game.

Comment posted on 24/08/2012 at 19:25.
  5. xdarkmagician

The last time I looked for an official server I found zero. 0 x 4 = 0. Personally BF3 is a lost cause. I’m not going back to it now unless they give out free DLC. It’s almost a year old, and the new fall game frenzy is almost here. I just can’t justify putting anymore time into BF3 when there’s going to be so many new and better games out there.

Comment posted on 25/08/2012 at 05:27.
  6. hazelam

so that makes four then? ^_^

Comment posted on 25/08/2012 at 07:54.
  7. jediryan123
    Since: Nov 2008

Lol quadrupling them after quartering(?) them when custom servers came out.

Comment posted on 25/08/2012 at 11:52.
  8. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

Still stupid, I DON’T want to fucking select a server to see if it’s Dice or not and then back out and try again. There needs to be a way unless they’ve fixed this?

Comment posted on 25/08/2012 at 15:21.
    • Forrest_01

DICE servers are marked [DICE] & whilst there are a few copycat rented servers, you can generally tell whether it’s official by the owner.

Comment posted on 28/08/2012 at 10:36.