Some New Super Mario Bros U Screens Jump In

Peachy.

There are seven confirmed worlds for the new Wii U Mario side-on platformer. They include some familiar settings like a forest world, an ice world and a sky world but there are also set to be some different inclusions like the world made up of melting desserts.

In celebration of that blow out (which came thanks to GameStop’s GameInformer magazine in the US), there are a host of new images which look like they might have been pulled from the digital version of the magazine.

Some places are also reporting the “news” that the plot involves Bowser kidnapping Princess Peach and Mario fighting his way through the Koopalings in end-of-world castles in an attempt to rescue her. Which is like reporting on the successful rising of the Sun every day. Still, the news that Boom Boom will appear in mid-level castles (like in SMB 3 and SMB 3D Land) is slightly more surprising, if not revelatory.

Source: ONM

Read more:
  1. baggyg
    Since: Apr 2009

I think this has the same problem as the new 3DS version. As much as I love Mario the originality is starting to lack. This looks very samey.

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 10:31.
  2. bunimomike

Looks a little a game from the last generation or before.

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 10:35.
    • bunimomike

*little like

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 10:36.
      • englishgolfer
        Since: Sep 2009

Was thinking the same – the graphics look very bland for me.

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 10:42.
      • Peter Chapman
        Team TSA: Editor

I think they’re grabbed from GI’s digital iPad edition so they might be a little fuzzier than they should be. From the footage we’ve seen of it, it’s certainly not like anything form the last generation and these images aren’t as vivid as I’d expect.

That’s the result of selling exclusive reveals to retailers though – your images get out there and don’t look their best. I wonder how long it’s going to take publishers to learn the lesson, or whether they really care given the extra deals they get for this kind of exclusive…

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 11:53.
  3. LTG Davey
    andUandU

Won’t be the first title I’ll pick up for the Wii-U but I’m sure it will be as solid as ever.

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 10:53.
  4. Porcupine_I

It’sa Me! Mario! …again!

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 10:56.
  5. stage1
    Since: Feb 2012

Where have I seen this before?

Oh yeah, every other Mario game ever…

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 11:04.
  6. Klart
    Since: Jun 2010

Why don’t they just rerelease the SNES?

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 11:38.
    • KeRaSh

I’d buy a SNES 2! :P

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 12:24.
    • Mike
      Since: Oct 2008

If they released a SNES HD, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 12:34.
      • McProley
        Since: Aug 2011

I’ll second that!

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 13:00.
  7. KeRaSh

I still think Mario and the enemies look a little out of place when you look at the game world…

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 12:23.
  8. Paulo Vinicius Radtke

Nice to see some game pictures out there, but how about showing the WiiU itself? We’re already in September and Nintendo has failed to show any evidence that the system is still on track for its release date, not to mention that so far they have failed to give a release date at all. They need to build the hype around the WiU launch if they want to sell it, but it seems that the 3DS lesson wasn’t enough for them.

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 16:49.
  9. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

That is an awful and half arsed name. They are going to go down the N64 route and add U on the titles aren’t they?

It looks like any Mario game and Mario must be getting paid a lot in the mushroom kingdom due to how many times Peach has been kidnapped. I’m surprised he has not quit or just decided to not save her anymore. Plus Mario defeating Browser again is just going to be predictable. Have Browser show Mario the worst things that he can browse and scar him for life. Probably a good thing i’m not involved in this.

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 18:14.
  10. Gadbury
    Since: Jan 2009

*Sigh* Come on Nintendo, I was playing this game 20 years ago on the SNES. In fact, I prefer the graphics of the old game.

Comment posted on 10/09/2012 at 21:28.