All GameStation Stores Are Now Branded As GAME

End of the line.

Following several months of financial turmoil (and lots of branch closures) the Game Group has decided to rebrand all GameStation stores under the GAME umbrella, effectively making just one set of stores from both identities.

The information comes from today’s Game Conference, picked up by MCV, and sees an end to GameStation as we know it – a popular high street outlet for years, bought out by Game in 2007.

Other news from the staff conference is expected over the coming days.

1. fs
    Since: May 2012

I usually use online retailers now. I’ve found Shopto.net to be so efficient that I haven’t really ever needed to go elsewhere. I did by an XBOX 360 in GAME a couple of months ago but that was simply out of me not wantin to wait for delivery. If i’m buying a game and I want it on release I go with Shopto.net and I will be doing quite a lot of that in the next couple of months :P

It’s very exciting.

Comment posted on 14/09/2012 at 12:47.
  2. Sympozium

Doesn’t affect me at all, unless I went on holiday in the UK mainland. Shame to see Gamestation gooo.

Comment posted on 14/09/2012 at 13:28.
  3. bigkingy
    Since: Jul 2010

That’s a shame, doesn’t look like I’ll be going in any more as I can’t stand Game, but quite liked Gamestation. Unless the unlikely event that they keep it more like the old Gamestation with better staff, retro games etc.

Comment posted on 14/09/2012 at 14:10.
  4. Nocure-fd
    Since: Mar 2010

Its a shame. And leaves me in a quandry.

I wanted the PC special edition of XCOM: enemy unkown (Where is TSA’s coverage of this title by the way? :P). But it is exclusive to Game. I refuse to reward the Brse Aackwards way that Game do things so I ended up pre-ordering the not so special edition from Blockbuster.

Just another reason for me to dislike Game I suppose.

Comment posted on 14/09/2012 at 14:23.
  5. An-dz
    Since: Oct 2010

I think it will be going downhill fast for them soon, since i tried steam i find it harder and harder to go back and pay £40 for one game, when i can pay £30 for 2 games + thrown in things on steam.

Comment posted on 14/09/2012 at 14:24.
  6. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

HMV, Independent Games Stores and internet… Game can run and jump….

Comment posted on 14/09/2012 at 23:00.
  7. Kevling

Interesting. Our Game and Gamestation did a big game of musical chairs a year or so back, Game moved to a new store, and Gamestation moved into the old Game and refitted it all out as Gamestation. Seems like that was money well spent.

Comment posted on 15/09/2012 at 00:52.
  8. Severn2j

So they’re renaming the store that has the better reputation to the store with a rep for ripping customers off? Who makes these decisions at Game Group?!? Its like they learned nothing from almost going out of business…

Comment posted on 17/09/2012 at 11:52.