Next week, on the same day as Sony release the GT Academy Edition of GT5, the game will get a further batch of DLC and an update to the actual game.
The DLC will include some new cars, the SUBARU BRZ S ’12, the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 and the gorgeous Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy ’12.
The update, version 2.08, will introduce the following new features:
- Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.
- IDs are now shown above cars when watching online races.
- Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.
- Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
- Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
- Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
- Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)
Speaking of GT5, have you read our GT5 report from a real GTR?