U.S. Release Of Black Ops Declassified Has Free COD PSP Game

No sign of it in Europe.

One Of Swords, Activision’s blogger Dan Amrich, is reporting that North American copies of Black Ops Declassified will include a voucher for Call of Duty: Roads to Victory.

The 2007 PSP game has a rating of 64 on Metacritic and was criticised at the time of its release for lacking depth.

Nihilistic Software CEO, Robert Huebner, has also revealed a few more details about the PlayStation Vita game, saying “It is not about the big campaign storyline and huge cinematics, it’s more focused on the multi player essence of Call of Duty.”

Robert said that models and textures have been tweaked to a higher resolution, “The biggest visual improvement comes from doing final polished lighting passes on the environments.”

Source: One Of Swords

1. shields_t
    Since: Oct 2008

“More focused on the multi player essence” we’ll they lost my custom about there but probably gained a million new pre orders.

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 16:11.
  2. parryman
    Since: Apr 2012

Same. I wasnt fussed in the least about online play.

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 16:16.
  3. DixNeuf
    Since: Apr 2010

Decent online multiplayer would be amazing. Can’t see it working personally, but if it does I’ll be a happy bunny.

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 16:21.
  4. Kivi95
    Since: Oct 2009

When I play a COD game I only want to play the MP so good to see that the focus is on that.

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 16:22.
  5. Forrest_01

What a balanced set of comments – 2 against, 2 for! :D

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 16:41.
    • The Lone Steven
      Never heard of him.

I believe that they should have given out free COD(the fish) with every copy of Blops:Declassified. Probably makes the balanced set of comments unbalanced now. >:)

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 16:50.
      • Forrest_01

Not really, it still workls out more or less the same.

DixNeuf & Kivi95 want a decent multiplayer experience, shields_t & parryman want a decent singleplayer experience, whereas you just want… a fish!

Makes no sense to me of course, but whatever floats your boat matey! :D

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 17:03.
  6. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Wouldn’t it be better to give away the Vita version? Or maybe just a discount code as giving it away free doesn’t make much sense commercially.

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 17:29.
    • Bodachi
      Since: Jan 2010

Well I guess that is what the Declassified bundle is for.

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 19:24.
      • gazzagb
        Master of speling mitakse

Yeah, I miss read it as Blops 2, not Blops for Vita. My bad!

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 20:00.
  7. GregHorrorShow

Is there any sort of cross over at all between this and Blops 2 on PS3? I think they could’ve guaranteed more sales by doing something like having a set of titles (or whatever the name tag things are called) or a (not overpowered) weapon that you can only unlock in Blops 2 if you play the Vita game.

Like the weapons you could unlock in Assassin’s Creed II (I think) if you played Bloodlines on PSP. For that you had to hook your PSP to your PS3 but surely it would be even easier now as your Vita is linked directly to your PSN ID?

Wouldn’t interest me much but surprised they haven’t done it.

I like what EA are doing with Need For Speed where SP (their version of XP) is accumulated over both versions – it’s nice to play an accompanying game on Vita with it also having an impact on my PS3 experience.

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 17:45.
  8. TSBonyman

Oh dear, maybe i will just pick up Resistance after all.

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 20:09.
    • fattyuk
      Since: Apr 2010

herd that’s ment to be brilliant game! oO

Cod multi FTW!

Comment posted on 15/10/2012 at 22:01.
      • TSBonyman

I’ve only played the Resistance demo and it was ok but i’ve a hankering for a more ‘straightforward’ FPS. I was hoping that CoD would be it but it’s beginning to sound like it won’t have a lot to offer an sp gamer like me. :/

Comment posted on 16/10/2012 at 01:07.
  9. skibadee
    Since: Oct 2009

dam was more interested in SP will get when it is cheap now.

Comment posted on 16/10/2012 at 03:28.