Article written by tsa staff.
Published on 15/10/2012 at 09:44 AM.
Microsoft’s Kinect-powered Fable: The Journey has limped into the UK sales charts at #37. The game has seen confusing messages since its first reveal, and mixed reviews last week didn’t really help.
The truth is that Kinect is still very much an unknown driver of sales, and basing one of your key IPs around motion control is a risky business.
The rest of the chart plays out as expected, though – with FIFA atop and the new XCOM a new entry at number 7. Bethesda’s Dishonored enters at number two, which is great news for a new property.
Here’s the rundown:
1. FIFA 13 (EA)
2. Dishonored (Bethesda)
3. Pokemon Black 2 (Nintendo)
4. Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
5. Pokemon White 2 (Nintendo)
6. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
7. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2K Games)
8. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
9. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
11. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
12. PES 2013 (Konami)
13. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
14. Rocksmith (Ubisoft)
15. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
16. Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition (Sony)
17. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
18. NBA 2K13 (2K Games)
19. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
20. Dead Island GOTY (Koch)