Sony's Teasing Leads To PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Live Action Trailer

Fisticuffs!

So after all the teasing over the last week or so it turns out the live action trailer is, as we’d all guessed, for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

The full length version of the trailer, above, finds Drake and Cole giving each other a good kicking before Kratos and Sackboy join the party.

Sadly Sony’s budget has not run to bringing back the voice actors which almost spoils the trailer as the wise cracking Nathan Drake does not utter a word, not even an ‘Oh crap’ when Kratos arrives.

Source: YouTube.

1. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

Kratos does not look right at all something looks very wrong. The trailer meh!! Can’t beat Michael..

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 09:56.
    • Alex C
      One for all.

I actually think this trailer is pretty good.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 10:06.
      • Taylor Made
        Since: Oct 2011

It’s not the same without them talking, I want hear Kratos shout, drake making a cheeky remark about kratos manly skirt lol.

Also sly cooper over sack boy. I’m sick of people using kratos in the beta.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 10:10.
      • Tuffcub
        On the naughty step.

It’s quite dark, bears no likeness to the camp-as-tits game.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 10:12.
  2. stormy
    Since: Apr 2010

Is it only me who has no interest whatsoever in this game?

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 10:09.
    • Taylor Made
      Since: Oct 2011

I was like that but try the beta if you ps plus member highly addictive!

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 10:11.
    • KeRaSh

Same here. At first I was kind of psyched about it with all the potential for iconic Sony or third party characters making it into the roster but the ones they picked aren’t what I hoped they would be.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 10:59.
    • Forrest_01

No, it’s not just you – I was tempted by it once, but after playing it at egx, its now nowhere near my ‘to buy’ list.

In fact, it’s made it to my ‘avoid’ list, as it was just a confusing mess to me.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 11:02.
    • ii3illy
      Since: Oct 2008

Having played the beta I’m now not interested in this at all.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 11:17.
    • Nate
      Since: Apr 2010

Personally I wasn’t interested in this at all until I played the beta. Now I’m definitely going to grab it at some point, once you get used to the organised chaos it is very fun.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 11:47.
    • Origami Killer

Have no interest at all in the game, but liked that trailer :)

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 14:25.
      • stormy
        Since: Apr 2010

Same :-)

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 15:20.
  3. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 10:25.
    • The Lone Steven
      Never heard of him.

God forbid people should have their own opinion.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 10:32.
    • Forrest_01

No JBoo – You are the only one having a moan & including Sony in the equation here.

From what i have read, people are either saying they like it, or they don’t (& a bit of an offshoot about whether people are interested or not). Which they are perfectly entitled to do. No mention of Sony being at fault or boycotts or anything to that affect at all.

If you check, people on the internet find plenty of things to moan about that are completely unrelated to Sony!

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 14:50.
  4. Bilbo_bobbins

the trailer is ok, but Kratos looks odd.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 10:26.
  5. kjkg
    Since: Apr 2010

Should have got Kev to play Drake. Been much better.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 10:32.
  6. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

Tis okay but the lack of voices stops it from being good. Plus, you can’t have Drake in a live action trailer and not make a remark. He should have taken the piss out of Kratos before ducking a blade of chaos. And Sackboy, why didn’t he have the paintgun or the big fists?

Also, i thought ASBR’s art style was a bright coloured one? Not Sony Fight Club. as the trailer makes it seem like it’s aimed at 16 and above.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 10:34.
  7. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

I’m wondering why Drake and Cole are fighting – and why the look suprised when Sackboy zooms in and Kratos appears. Just a few months ago they were all chatting and have a drink in a pub like freinds of old.

Is it me or does the area the bloke is sweeping up look very Assassin’s Creed-y?

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 11:38.
    • Louise

The beginning of it in the street and the car reminded me of MGS4 on the bit just before you meet Big Mama.

I was expecting Snake to crawl out from it. Ahh… i wish!

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 17:09.
  8. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

This wasn’t even half as good as “Michael”, still interested in the game though.

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 13:04.
  9. Louise

That was quite cool. Not sure if i’ll get this though. It depends how flooded i am with other games!

That sackboy was so cute! :D

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 13:57.
  10. Origami Killer

Thought that was a pretty good trailer but as you said needed some voice actors, Drake should have said something at least!

Comment posted on 23/10/2012 at 14:23.