Sony Advertises The PS Vita Via A Woman With Four Breasts

Bad advertising?

Filename: vitaboobies.jpg

I get that continental Europe can have its quirks, but this advert, found in a French magazine, really redefines the word ‘quirky’.

Advertising the PS Vita (although you’d need to look for it) this is Sony going back to those crazy pre-launch PS3 adverts, where apparently it’s not important to talk about games.

Yes, the PS Vita’s got two touch screens. But how many (good) games actually make use of that? And who really cares if it does?

This is a console that, in the right hands, is capable of console-level visuals and deep, complex gameplay as well as a multitude of PS Mobile, PSP and various media capabilities. Instead, SCEE fire off an advert showing little more than a woman with four breasts.

It doesn’t work for me, and as objectively as I can, I can’t see how this is effectively going to get non-Vita owners interested in the system. But then I’m British, and this clearly isn’t aimed at me…

Via Kotaku.

1. igotmy9milli
    Since: Apr 2010

Erm… What?

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 09:02.
  2. PoorPaddy89

The last sentence sums it up. Never question boobies. Just enjoy.

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 09:06.
  3. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

Oh dear. I’ve yet to find a decent and comfortable use of the rear touch pad, even LittleBigPlanet is somewhat frustrating when I have to reposition my hands in order to use it…

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 09:07.
  4. sambucadude
    Since: Oct 2012

always use boobs to get more men involved, good try but i seriously don’t think it will work

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 09:14.
  5. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

I don’t get it.

There’s already something lovely to touch on the rear of a lady…
    (Hint: it’s called the rear)

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 09:15.
  6. gideon1451

Oh dear. This is lazy advertising.

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 09:19.
  7. Bilbo_bobbins

Sony doing crap advertising, I will never believe it. For young kids, it will go straight over their head, for the the mature gamers like myself I do get it, but its still rubbish advertising.

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 09:27.
    • Louise

And for straight women? What a wonderful way to get more female gamers! It’s really gonna make women go “Hmmm I might get a vita now!”. What amazing advertising :/

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 14:45.
      • cc_star
        Team TSA: Writer

Unfortunately, Sony’s stated target demographic for the Vita through this period is young males that are probably already PS3 owners… Nothing they do is trying to broaden that reach. Which is not only a shame for Sony that they focus purely on this, but you just know when they try and broaden the demographic they’ll do it by making a lilac one and bundling it with Hannah Montana and very little else.

Sony’s ad-men must be dinosaurs, if not they certainly seem it in comparison to Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon et al.

Still, tits eh? wink wink. Pathetic.

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 14:56.
      • Louise

That really aggrivates me! Because you’re completely right. Sony ignore any other type of female gamer. According to them, the only female gamers are those that [i]would[/i] be swayed by a lilac Vita with Hannah Montana :/

Tits and ass sell. And because of this, i doubt it will change any time soon.

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 15:30.
  8. Gingerballs1
    Since: Jun 2012

Sold suddenly have the urge to buy 4 vitas

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 09:31.
  9. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

Please don’t refer to ‘Continental Europe’ as one very consistent entity, which it is not. Of course, the Brits are ‘more different’ from the Continent than any of the countries within it could ever be… ;o), but this is clearly targeted at the French, and they are indeed different… ;o)

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 09:44.
  10. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

Titty tit titamungous booby wooby knockers moundsamelons norkalicious TITS.

x4

Comment posted on 01/11/2012 at 09:59.