Article written by Peter Chapman.
Published on 05/11/2012 at 10:21 AM.
Assassin’s Creed III has broken records for Ubisoft. It’s their best opening week of sales by some distance, beating their previous best (Revelations) and almost doubling the opening sales of Assassin’s Creed II.
The AC3 launch becomes the second largest of the year so far, behind FIFA 13 but with Halo 4 and Black Ops II out over this next week, we’d expect that record to need rewritten quite soon. AC: Liberation on the Vita is doing reasonably well, considering the performance of Vita titles throughout this year. It’s in fourteenth spot, making it the third biggest Vita launch behind Uncharted and FIFA Football.
WWE 13 seems to be doing well for THQ, too. The wrestling franchise gorilla presses Football Manager 2013 into fourth place, although the management simulation will be selling a significant number of units as downloads which aren’t included in these figures.
Need for Speed Most Wanted manages to come home in fifth, edging ahead of its racing rival, Forza Horizon, in seventh. Those two quality racers are separated by a poor quality shooter, EA’s Medal of Honor: Warfighter clinging on to sixth position despite a frosty response from critics.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED III – UBISOFT
- FIFA 13 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- WWE ’13 – THQ
- FOOTBALL MANAGER 2013 – SEGA
- NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- MEDAL OF HONOR: WARFIGHTER – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- FORZA HORIZON – MICROSOFT
- SKYLANDERS GIANTS – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- JUST DANCE 4 – UBISOFT
- DISHONORED – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE MIRACLE MASK – NINTENDO
- MOSHI MONSTERS: MOSHLINGS THEME PARK – MIND CANDY
- RESIDENT EVIL 6 – CAPCOM
- ASSASSIN’S CREED III LIBERATION – UBISOFT
- POKEMON BLACK VERSION 2 – NINTENDO
- THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- F1 2012 – CODEMASTERS
- DOOM 3: BFG EDITION – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- BORDERLANDS 2 – TAKE 2
- LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE