Revert Coming To Original THPS HD Levels, DLC Dated

Title update.

After numerous delays, the DLC for Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD has been locked down and dated – it’s coming on the 4th of December for PS3, Xbox 360 and Steam.

The DLC will not only feature three levels from Pro Skater 3 (Airport, LA and Canada) but it’ll also feature Steve Caballero and Geoff Rowley, alongside, er, James Hetfield and Robert Trujillo from Metallica.  That’s because their song ‘All Nightmare Long’ has been added too, no doubt.

Most importantly, though, the revert move is in. The revert lets you chain combos from a quarter or half pipe, and was introduced in Pro Skater 3 along with a full set of flatland moves - they’re not listed in the email sent to TheSixthAxis though.

However, Activision have let us know that the revert will be added to the levels from the first two games, too, via a free update to the game that’ll be independent from the DLC.

My original review was mostly positive, but the lower frame rate and odd physics (along with a couple of duff courses) spoil the party. I’m not expecting the DLC to suddenly run at 60fps (it’s on the Unreal Engine, for starters) but it’ll be interesting to see what’s been fixed, if anything.

“It’s been incredible to watch fans of the original THPS series and new generations of gamers embrace Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD. The Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 HD Revert Pack DLC adds even more of this timeless gameplay, with the best levels from THPS3,” said Tony Hawk, apparently.

“We’re adding the Revert as part of our title update in order to thank fans for being so patient. “

1. Origami Killer

Haven’t played this game in a while :/ Don’t think I would get the DLC but the revert option will come in handy a lot when going for the high scores :)

Comment posted on 21/11/2012 at 20:58.
  2. spooner_22

Get in! Revert for the original levels is great!! Well done Activision.
    Also, James Hetfield? Awesome. Getting this. Just hope it’s no more than a fiver, I’m sure somewhere I read that it should be £3.99, I’d pay that.

Comment posted on 21/11/2012 at 21:52.
  3. parryman
    Since: Apr 2012

i have been plugging awayt at this game, I need to do the projectives on Downhill to plat the game.
    Reverts will help no end with my high score run!

Comment posted on 21/11/2012 at 22:08.
  4. R1MJAW

The revert patch is out already. I tried it out the other day.

Comment posted on 21/11/2012 at 23:54.
    • Motalla
      Since: Dec 2011

Yes, I’ve been looking forward to this. If the price is right and my associates buy this, then I am all up for this. This should enlong the lifetime of the secret TSA THPS meets.

Comment posted on 22/11/2012 at 09:22.
    • Motalla
      Since: Dec 2011

With the revert patch installed I should be able to beat the gang I usually play with hands down.

Comment posted on 22/11/2012 at 09:23.
    • Forrest_01

Reverts are indeed now in for ALL levels – It was patched either sometime over the weekend or on Monday if i recall (i fired it up on Monday for a quick blast).

It’s a little harder to control than i recall, often sending you off at 20-30(ish) degree angles to how you landed, but its controllable & i am glad for its inclusion.

Interesting that they are still calling the DLC the ‘Revert Pack’ though. THPS3 HD DLC has a better ring to it! :)

As long as they price the new levels right, i’ll be all over them. Any mention of whether new trophies are coming with the DLC?

Comment posted on 22/11/2012 at 09:34.
      • Alex C
        One for all.

Revert’s in already? Damn, had no idea. Excellent!

Comment posted on 22/11/2012 at 09:39.
      • Forrest_01

Yup – Fire it up, download the patch & continue those combos! :D

Comment posted on 22/11/2012 at 10:00.
  5. blackredyellow
    Since: Mar 2009

Price dependent, plus a few more trophies chucked in and I’ll happily get this.

Comment posted on 22/11/2012 at 15:27.
  6. dragonfist
    Since: Nov 2012

I am the ranked 1 player on PSN and have tested out the reverts. I have a video about the reverts on my youtube channel where I talk about and show how to use them in your combos. I also have my legit rank 1 scores posted there and a tutorial series for how to score rank 1 scores. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/DragonfistGaming

Comment posted on 22/11/2012 at 15:38.
    • Forrest_01

Unfortunately, i don’t think anyone here cares about that sort of thing as much as you clearly do, but good luck with it!

Comment posted on 22/11/2012 at 15:43.
      • dragonfist
        Since: Nov 2012

Nobody cares about scoring top leaderboard scores? I’m helping people get just that, without hacking.

Comment posted on 22/11/2012 at 15:58.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

Not really as trophies have more or less replaced high scores. Combine that with online MP and it’s pretty much dead on consoles. Feel free to set up a thread about high scores in the forums. :)

Comment posted on 22/11/2012 at 16:13.