GTA Goes Cheap On The PSN Store

Reduced price theft. We unscramble SCEE's messy list.

PlayStation’s Chris Howe has posted a deal between the platform holder and Rockstar to offer Grand Theft Auto IV content at a reduced price on the PSN.

You can now get the main GTA IV game for just a tenner, the Episodes from Liberty City DLC for another tenner or just £14 for both. That’s pretty good value.

There’s an additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers too.

The Blog post is confusing though, in that it doesn’t differentiate between the games and the DLC if you have the game. Basically if you already own GTA IV you can get the Episodes for £7.99, or just the first Episodes DLC (The Lost And The Damned) for £3.99, or, as far as we can tell, the second (The Ballad Of Gay Tony) for £7.29.

We think.

The deals run until the 5th of December.

1. DirtyHabit

Hmm. £12.60 with plus…. tempting.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 13:02.
  2. cam the man

Great deal for anyone who haven’t had the game but I think most of GTA fans would have completed the game already. Then again there’s probably quite a few folk, like me, who completed it before trophies were added.
    I would like to complete it with trophies but it’s finding the time, but at that price it’s tempting.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 13:06.
    • freezebug2

Same here, completed the game pre-trophies and have no desire to return even with trophies or low price tag. It’s certainly no Vice City!

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 15:33.
  3. McProley
    Since: Aug 2011

That is pretty good value. I’ve never played the episodes so for £7.99 it’d be silly not to, wouldn’t it?

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 13:07.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

Yup – the biker missions are pretty fun!

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 13:09.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

Yeah they’re good DLC :) Gay Tony has just a bit of Vice City about it.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 13:31.
  4. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

Why is there a big difference price between the ballad & the damned DLC. When are they going release SA on psn that’s the only GTA I love & ever played

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 13:09.
    • stage1
      Since: Feb 2012

You should play Vice City as well, that game was stunning.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 13:13.
      • Taylor Made
        Since: Oct 2011

Not really a fan of GTA think it’s overrated, I only liked SA cause they paid homage to Eazy E, they had Samuel L Jackson as the baddy & everything was west coast rap like.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 13:24.
      • Forrest_01

GTA is kinda overrated – Unless you are talking about Vice City, which deserves every bit of praise it ever gets!

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 14:19.
  5. matthangzhou
    Since: Sep 2010

I swore I wouldn’t buy anymore games off the store especially with plus offering so many now. Hmmm very tempted. Played every other gta before this one and had completed them all. Borrowed this and found it too serious. Maybe time to give it a second chance?!

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 13:13.
  6. gaffers101
    Since: Oct 2008

I never got past the ‘Four Leaf Clover’ mission, I don’t know if it’s worth me paying out for it again, even though that’s a great deal.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 13:57.
  7. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Quite good value, although not as good as when you can get *every* game and DLC for a fiver on Steam.
    I’d like to see more sales like this on PSN though, it’s the best way to expand the service.

Comment posted on 28/11/2012 at 14:27.
  8. djdustb
    Since: Nov 2008

Sorry to ask a stupid question (again).

I know this is DLC so in a sense the answer is obvious, but can I get the DLC and play it without the game, I am sure it was released that way at somepoint. I would like to play them as I got bored of waiting for them and traded the game in once completed.

Comment posted on 29/11/2012 at 13:42.