Kris ran into some PC problems this week so he wasn’t able to be there when we started recording. He does pop up just before we get to the section of riddles though. Oh yes, and we replaced our usual quiz with a fiendishly difficult riddle section.
All of that comes after Lewis, Kev and myself were joined by the human paragon of loveliness that is Mr Peter Willington. We talked about the BAFTA and OSCAR nominations. I should warn you that this whole podcast features one spoiler for the just-released Les Misérables movie – just in case you’ve managed to avoid the 1935 movie. Or the 1937 radio play. Or the 1980 stage musical that’s been a global hit, with continuing runs in every major world theatre district. Or the 1998 movie starring Liam Neeson. Or the TV adaptation from the turn of this century. Or, indeed the book by Victor Hugo which is a hundred and fifty years old. But y’know – Spoilers.
Anyway, we then went on to talk about CES including some of the interesting things on display there like Nvidia’s Shield, unusable resolutions and those curved televisions that seem utterly pointless. Game chat was fairly light this week, focussing on some less than mainstream gaming we’d been doing.
- You can send questions via email to podcasts[at]thesixthaxis.com.
- You can also tag your questions on Twitter with #tsacast and, provided you’re not on a private account, we’ll see them in our search each week. Finally, as usual, there’s a questions thread in the forum. It’s for episode 89, but whatevs, we’ll try to use it.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- Or we’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
Get us on Twitter: