UK Games Charts: 14/01/13 - FIFA Still Top of the Table

Wii U and Vita not well represented here.

Not much change in this week’s chart. FIFA 13 is still top of the pile, albeit with a 47 per cent drop in sales on last week. Far Cry 3 holds second position from Black Ops II while Hitman Absolution and Need for Speed: Most Wanted make up the rest of the top five.

Just Dance 4, at number six, give Ubisoft a second top ten title. The year’s biggest selling console platform exclusive, Halo 4, continues to hang in at seventh for Microsoft.

Football Manager 13 climbs back into the top ten at number eight. That’s not bad for a game which is most likely selling more units digitally – numbers which aren’t included here. The last two positions within the top ten are filled out with a good dose of fantasy, Skyrim and Lego Lord of the Rings taking ninth and tenth, respectively.

The week’s only new entry, Anarchy Reigns, is in at number sixteen. Here’s the top twenty.

1. FIFA 13 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
  18. MEDAL OF HONOR: WARFIGHTER – ELECTRONIC ARTS
  19. FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 – MICROSOFT
  20. LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

Source: UKIE

1. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

I think I might get into FIFA next season if they just fix the controls square to shoot, R1 to sprint then the game will be ok

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 09:35.
    • Jim Hargreaves

I thought the controls could be custom mapped?

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 09:39.
      • Taylor Made
        Since: Oct 2011

I’m not sure, never played FIFA but if this is true, guess I will go pick it up. I’m still yet to pick up pro13

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 09:44.
      • bigbaldwolf
        Since: Mar 2012

They can. Somebody is too lazy to change them it seems

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 09:44.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

I would be more concerned that despite it’s a hugely selling game, there are still huge server problems and you often get kicked. Very annoying when you consider FUT is all online, as are other modes that require access to the servers.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 10:12.
      • Taylor Made
        Since: Oct 2011

Yeh I had a problem with the vita FIFA & a lot of lagging. So basically you saying I should stay with pes & not jump ship lol

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 10:26.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

I dunno, I personally think Fifa is better, and the server issue isn’t a deal-breaker – it’s just disappointing that EA don’t bother to improve things, but that’s what I’ve come to expect from them.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 10:34.
      • Sympozium

I think PES is better as a offline game compared to Fifa, personally I find the flow of play to be much better. I like the player movement and passing specially.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 11:09.
    • Sympozium

lol…. its been custom since Fifa 07 (I think….)

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 11:06.
  2. bigbaldwolf
    Since: Mar 2012

Skyrim is still up there after a year out. A testament to just how good that game is.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 09:44.
  3. Ossy
    Since: Jan 2009

This years FIFA is another great addition to the series. Not a big leap from 12 but EA Canada managed to keep it fresh. Quick, free flowing football with great visuals takes it heads and shoulders above Pro Evo. I tried to get into PES for the third year running and for the third year FIFA is the far more enjoyable game.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 09:50.
    • Sympozium

cool, What faults do you have with Pes?

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 11:13.
  4. gaffers101
    Since: Oct 2008

Played or playing 9 out of the 20 – is that good or bad???

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 10:46.
    • jimmy-google

Depends on which ones.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 12:51.
  5. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

Far Cry 3 is still outselling Blops!? That is still surprising but seeing as my local Game is out of PS3 FC3 copies, it’s shouldn’t be that surprising. Of all the games to outsell COD, it is another FPS. :O

Skyrim is clawing it’s way up the chart, may be due to the new DLC rumours, if they are true, Bethesda can go do one as they promised to get the previous lot out for the PC and PS3 as it would show that they favour the 360 instead of treating each platform with the same amount of care. Would say the same if it was the PS3 that had all of the DLC.

Not surprised that Anarchy reigns is at number 16 due to Sega refusing to market it. In fact, i had no idea who was the publisher and believe Acti was the publisher when i heard of the lack of marketing. :O If it weren’t for someone on here, i wouldn’t have known.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 11:08.
    • Sympozium

I guess its the PC sales that drive it, not sure about DLC… I don’t think it would have much of an impact.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 11:12.
      • jimmy-google

Only the 360 version is in the top 40 (no. 11) which would suggest more DLC being the reason behind it.

Skyrim is 6th on the 360 chart but around the 20s on the PS3 and PC charts.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 12:50.
    • LTG Davey
      andUandU

The fact Far Cry 3 is roughly £25 everywhere at the moment must be helping sales.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 14:15.
  6. leeroye
    Since: May 2012

I have gone with PES this year but one thing that frustrates me about it is that its nearly impossible to score headers. Makes crossing a waste of time and imo really ruins the game.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 12:30.
  7. LTG Davey
    andUandU

Not a bad chart position for Anarchy Reigns given its been available on import for ages now. Got my copy on Friday and played it a lot over the weekend. I really like it, though it could have done with some extra spit and polish. Still, its fun, which is the main thing.

Comment posted on 14/01/2013 at 14:13.