Dead Space 3 Awakened DLC To Launch Next Month

Already?

The review embargo might have lifted just over an hour ago but EA aren’t wasting any time with announcing a DLC pack for the third instalment in the Dead Space series.

There aren’t a lot of details right now, but developer Visceral Games promise to bring “the franchise’s darkest chapters” with Awakened, in what seems to be an all-new adventure that’s “even more gruesome and terrifying than ever before.”

Steve Papoutsis, General Manager of Visceral Games went on to say that “gamers will experience some of the most disturbing content they have ever seen in a Dead Space game” with Awakened. Let’s hope it takes the series back to its spine-chilling roots, though Papoutsis is confident, finishing with “they are going to love it.”

Awakened will cost $9.99 on PSN in the US and 800 MicroSoft Points on the Xbox Live Marketplace. No specific date has been given, though we know it will release in March.

Source: Press Release

Read more: # # #
  1. wolf-OF-chaos
    Since: Feb 2012

sigh*

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 15:19.
  2. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 15:42.
  3. hazelam

for a tenner, it wants to be pretty substantial, which means they’ve probably been working on it for a few months now.
    well before launch. o_O

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 15:50.
    • Pete_UK
      Since: Mar 2010

I look forward to buying this in a year or so’s time, when the full game is available on disc for less than £20.

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 16:15.
      • jbni
        Since: Apr 2010

^ Exactly what Pete said.

I usually play games six to nine months after release date when they come down in price or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition (i.e. Borderlands 2).

It also has to do with me having around 20 games to get through (just beat Metro 2033 last night).

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 17:50.
  4. Bilbo_bobbins

EA, EA, you are starting to shoot yourself in the foot. Will these companies ever learn?

and extra £10 a month after release, with micro transactions. Lets fucking take their souls eh?

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 16:24.
  5. An-dz
    Since: Oct 2010

I liked it better when DLC was rare rather than the rule..

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 16:48.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

Same.

This is not exclusive to Dead Space 3.

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 18:25.
  6. Tom Pitcher
    Since: Jan 2009

That is such a substantial piece of DLC. Surely they could have squeezed that on the disc for release?

I guess I don’t mind DLC like this if it has had a separate part of the team (maybe called The DLC Team) and therefore doesn’t cut into the development cost and time of the Main Team.

Is that the case?

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 16:56.
  7. CR8ZYH0RSE
    Since: Sep 2012

Yeah somebody “Awaken” me when it’s on ps plus.

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 17:34.
  8. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

I think they have beaten their own record on DLC announcements. 1 hour after embargo, has that ever been down before? Anyway, i’ll dig out the usual sigh and feck off EA reply to use on this article. So that’s 100 dollars in total and the game hasn’t been released yet. I can buy a netbook for that price or a phone or a lot of tesco’s horsemeat burgers or biscuits etc..

Suspect it’s going to be full of gunfights with other humans because who needs more nercomorphs when you can kill other humans.

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 18:43.
  9. KeRaSh

So they got 20 hours worth of content, which already some people say is too much and then even have more actual story content on the way (not just lazy map packs that are rereleases from prequels half the time) at standard story DLC price and all people do is moan about it.
    Gaming has become a really sad hobby…
    The same logic applies to all games. Don’t like it? Don’t play it. They obviously didn’t hold back content with the original game lasting as long as it does so why be upset? Other games let you purchase DLC season passes well before the game, let alone the DLC is out but announcing DLC after the game was released (no matter how close to the release) is suddenly a reason to rage.

I know EA is a greedy corporation and I have no interest in playing DS3 at all but this is getting ridiculous. People go nuts everytime EA is mentioned in an article, it’s crazy.

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 21:50.
    • KeRaSh

Yeah, I realized it comes out on Friday… My point still stands…

Comment posted on 05/02/2013 at 21:52.
  10. LTG Davey
    andUandU

Not a DLC fan at all really but this particular piece has three plus-points for me:

1) 800ms points, so about £7.50, which is more reasonably priced than most DLC (plus I have just over 800ms points in my wallet currently)
    2) It’s campaign DLC – a rarity when it comes to extra content (usually its multiplayer rubbish).
    3) It comes out close to the release of the full game so I don’t have to hold onto my copy for ages and can trade it towards Bioshock at the end of next month.

Comment posted on 06/02/2013 at 09:22.