First Official Trailer for The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Released

No fan edits this time.

The first footage from The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct didn’t look all that great. Of course, that wasn’t an official trailer as we soon found out but a fan edit of different preview videos of the game.

Now, I’ve checked over this three or four times and this new trailer is definitely official – it shows the zombie-riddled world that we know from the TV show and characters Daryl and Merle Dixon, who are the main focus of the game.

It’s better than that first video but the game still doesn’t look like it’ll amount to anything special, though the exploration of the brothers’ relationship could provide some great backstory for fans of the show. I highly doubt it’ll be as well received as the other Walking Dead game.

The game’s out in the UK on the 29th of March and if you pre-order it from GAME or GameStop in Ireland on PS3 or Xbox 360, you’ll receive the Walking Herd Survival Pack add-on, which brings with it a new game mode – with endless herds of zombies, naturally – and extra weapons for use in the story mode.

Source: YouTube, via Eurogamer

1. Sympozium

looks awful :/

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 19:57.
  2. Kamokazi-UK
    Since: Sep 2009

Hmm, lots of pre-rendered stuff, very little shots of the walkers, not looking good when we see them…but not in a good way.

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 19:58.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

I think there’s about 3 seconds of gameplay if that. All cut scenes.

Comment posted on 08/02/2013 at 09:19.
  3. xdarkmagician

IDK, I think it looks like it’ll be fun, but I thought even that other trailer made it look like it would be fun. Maybe its that I’m not blinded by the shinny pixels some people think a video game needs to be considered good.
    Personally it’ll be refreshing to play a zombie survival game that’s a zombie survival game and doesn’t turn into battling some 3 story mutant zombie or a 3rd person cover based shooter, or a click and point adventurer which I consider boring.
    As soon as this drops in price I’m going in, which judging by how much web bashing this game has been getting should be soon. Besides I’d rather pimp the ol’ trophy count playing a bad zombie game then Hanna Montana any day.

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 20:22.
    • fattyuk
      Since: Apr 2010

Dead island?

Dead island riptide?

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 21:14.
      • xdarkmagician

Those may appear as zombie survival, but they’re not really survival games. They add different zombie classes to create a different combat scenarios. Dead Island is more about fighting than survival, plus you need to kill to level up. I’m looking for a more classic Romero experience.

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 21:42.
    • Starman
      Since: Jul 2011

Good point about the zombies just being zombies and not having any resi evil style mega bosses. I just want shuffling, arm swinging, daft zombies for once.

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 23:52.
    • Dany2Step
      Since: Aug 2010

I’m with you. I thought the original trailer looked amazing bar the obviously early stage the graphics were in. I really don’t know why people thought it looked that bad.

Comment posted on 09/02/2013 at 00:16.
  4. SkyLion
    Since: Nov 2010

Looks like a ps2 game!

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 20:27.
  5. MICKY17

Still looks pretty awful tbh.

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 20:30.
  6. hazelam

a youtube walkthrough will be enough for me i think.

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 20:36.
  7. Colinbarr66
    Any tag other than 'Member'
    Since: Mar 2009

If it is on sale for £15 I’d probably get this but it doesn’t look that great. I’ve just read all of the comics and started the TV show and iPad game so I’d love a good FPS/Survival Walking Dead game.

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 20:48.
  8. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

My survival instinct is telling me not to buy this game…

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 20:55.
  9. fattyuk
    Since: Apr 2010

I’m not sure what “the walking dead” fans this is actually aimed at?

It looks dreadful!

Comment posted on 07/02/2013 at 21:13.
  10. Avenger
    Since: Oct 2012

The game looks pretty crap, but it isn’t of PS2 quality. Its just not up to next gen scratch.

I have no idea what this game actually is. Is it an FPS, survival horror, interactive story, I mean what?

Comment posted on 08/02/2013 at 00:00.
    • Forrest_01

It’s a FPS/Survival Horror.

Comment posted on 08/02/2013 at 18:01.