No surprise this week as Dead Space 3 claims the top position in the chart. It’s probably safe to say that Visceral’s horrific stroll through necromorph-infested Tau Volantis is the year’s most high profile release so far. The bad news is that it sees a 26.6 per cent decline on Dead Space 2’s opening weekend sales a couple of years ago.
It’s also notable that the split is even more heavily weighted towards the 360 this time around with the PS3’s share of Dead Space sales dropping from 40 per cent with the second game, down to 31 per cent of Dead Space 3.
Ni no Kuni drops from holding last week’s top spot down to sixth. FIFA is still going strong in second with Black Ops II and Far Cry 3 keeping the Hitman Trilogy HD collection in fifth. That re-release of old Hitman games is outselling the newer title in the series, which manages to take ninth place ahead of Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed despite that title seeing a new format in the 3DS this week.
Interesting movement outside the top twenty: GTA IV is in twenty-first position with the Episodes in thirtieth place. That’s no doubt been fuelled by the recent anticipation for the fifth main line instalment of that series that unfortunately won’t be out now until September of this year.
Here’s the top twenty:
- DEAD SPACE 3 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- FIFA 13 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – ACTIVISION
- FAR CRY 3 – UBISOFT
- HITMAN: HD TRILOGY – SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
- NI NO KUNI: WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH – NAMCO BANDAI GAMES
- NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- JUST DANCE 4 – UBISOFT
- HITMAN ABSOLUTION – SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
- SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED – SEGA
- THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- ASSASSIN’S CREED III – UBISOFT
- HALO 4- MICROSOFT
- FORZA HORIZON – MICROSOFT
- SKYLANDERS GIANTS – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- FOOTBALL MANAGER 2013 – SEGA
- LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- MADDEN NFL 13 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 – MICROSOFT