PlayStation Network Down - Monday 4th March Until Tuesday 5th March

Related to last night's blip, perhaps?

Last night there was a brief, intermittent blip with the PlayStation Network – it was working for some and not for others, from what we could tell (there wasn’t much in the way of an official statement on it). However, next Monday will see some scheduled downtime.

PlayStation have informed us that from Monday 4th March from 16.00 GMT until Tuesday 5th March at 03.00 GMT, the PlayStation Store, Account Management, Account Registration, Transaction Management and the official sonyentertainmentnetwork.com site will all be down.

However, online gaming should still work, assuming you’ve signed in to the PSN within the last five days and you remain signed in. Even if you have and are, the Store (and so on) will still be down.

Last time we got scheduled maintenance it over-ran considerably, let’s hope that this time the Sony engineers stick to the timeslot, which is a rather curiously scientific 11 hours. Whether this is related to last night’s issues is anyone’s guess.

1. ClubberLang
    Since: Jul 2010

A buddy of mine said he farted into the bluray drive of his PS3 last night and that his fart penetrated the PSN and crashed the network! He’s assured me that once it has cleared normal service will resume.

Comment posted on 01/03/2013 at 12:33.
    • The Lone Steven
      Never heard of him.

You’ve just caused me to spill a bit of my coffee on my leg due to this! >:(

Comment posted on 01/03/2013 at 13:01.
    • kjkg
      Since: Apr 2010

Ah brilliant. Just when I think I’ve matured past fart jokes, another comes along to ruin the illusion.
      26 years of enjoying them and counting.

Comment posted on 01/03/2013 at 13:56.
    • hazelam

what on earth does he eat?

Comment posted on 01/03/2013 at 17:19.
  2. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

Cross Game Chat? HA! BEAT YOU ALL TO IT! I’ll go and stand in the corner for this.

It’s always from 4pm. And it just has to be on a monday. Meaning there is going to be a lot of grumpy people due to them having a bad day of work and being unable to relax via online multiplayer due to it disconnecting afterwards thus signing you out.

Wonder what SCEE will break this time?

Comment posted on 01/03/2013 at 12:49.
  3. Motalla
    Since: Dec 2011

They are just preparing the network for the massive download that is going to be Dead or Alive 5 on PSN+. Mark my words.

I am, just glad I have regular copy.

Comment posted on 01/03/2013 at 13:20.
  4. leeroye
    Since: May 2012

Had a panic attack then, im off work Monday and Tuesday. At least online gaming should be working.

But then again, i will be playing tomb raider anyway

Comment posted on 01/03/2013 at 13:37.
  5. John Malcolm
    Since: Apr 2009

Will Sony behave like this with the PS4? The network should be reliable by now – how long has the PS3 been out? Not very good, I’m afraid.

Comment posted on 01/03/2013 at 15:37.
  6. hazelam

better be back up by wednesday. >_<

Comment posted on 01/03/2013 at 17:19.
  7. psychobudgie

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! The 5th is my Birthday and I have plans to spend it at home in front of the Telly with a PS3 controller in my hand. If they overrun I will hunt them down and force them to play Aliens Colonial Marines to it’s finish. Twice.

Comment posted on 01/03/2013 at 19:26.
  8. The Von Braun
    Since: Oct 2012

This is the one area Sony really need to resolve for PS4 (and indeed Vita), it’s no good claiming your set topbox etc will deliver all your online needs etc when your faced with ‘unplanned maintance’ time after time.

It’s really been a blight this generation, ok online play is still free, but Sony now have a paid for service and no matter how good the ‘trinkets’ they give away are, unless i get a feeling that the days of slow downloads and PSN being down 2-3 a month (or so it seems), i’m not going to buy into a service like this from Sony.

If it struggles now, what the dickens is it going to be like when a lot more is asked of it?.

Sony, ‘we’ don’t want adverts, just secure, realiable on-line services that are there when we need them.Sure things will go wrong and you’ll need to shut them down now and then, but with PSN, ‘unplanned maintance’ has become the norm, not an odd occurance.

Comment posted on 02/03/2013 at 10:04.
  9. Kevling

Dang, my Vita should be arriving Monday. Bang goes my opportunity to load it up with PS+ stuff on Monday evening.

Comment posted on 02/03/2013 at 17:25.
    • OneShotWook
      Since: Jun 2010

Just went into town and picked one up myself along with some store credit.Guess i shouldve read the status,balls.Can’t retrieve my account either so hello patience i guess.

Comment posted on 04/03/2013 at 14:48.
  10. uber-BARBIE
    Since: Jan 2010

NOOOOOOOOOOO WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO NEW BATTLEFIELD MAPS TOMOROW

Comment posted on 03/03/2013 at 10:38.