March's PlayStation Plus Content Is Live

Swapping around your Instant Game Collection.

Are you a PlayStation Plus subscriber? Then get yourself over to the PSN Store and start filling up on this month’s content. The PS3 update for the, frankly astounding, subscription service is going up on the store as we speak – all you have to do is search for it.

This month you’ll be getting Mass Effect 3 and Dead or Alive 5 for everyone’s favourite price of “free.” If you happen to have loads of money sitting around gathering dust, you can justify these game’s inclusions in the Plus Instant Game Collection and pony up for any of the mountains of DLC available but both are perfectly enjoyable without the need to download any of the extras so definitely worth seeing how you enjoy the core games. You’ll also be receiving Joe Danger: The Movie (it’s a game, don’t worry) gratis, too.

Hopefully you’ve already grabbed Sleeping Dogs, Vanquish and Limbo though because that’s what’s coming down to make room for the new stuff.

Vita content isn’t changing over until next week so you still have time to grab WipEout 2048 for free before it’s replaced with Metal Gear Solid HD Collection next week. Lumines: Electronic Symphony will stick around in the Vita’s Instant Game Collection until March 20th when it’s replaced with Puddle.

I don’t wish to sound like I’m going on but Plus is really great, isn’t it?

1. Alex C

GDMH-28N4-JBC6
    Q683-88ND-TFPG
    FC73-HRNK-EFN6
    4HH5-M2NR-2G9L
    QHCQ-7NN4-PTJJ
    64M5-R7N2-NQ62

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 13:37.
    • Taylor Made
      Since: Oct 2011

Credit card required!

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 13:39.
      • Nismo400R84
        Since: Aug 2012

You can use a debit card.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 13:55.
      • Forrest_01

Yep & its only because they like it to be set up so that they can carry on the subscription after the trial, but don’t panic as if you remove the card details straight after activating it & then turn off automatic funding/rollover/whatever its called, it’ll just be the free month & then it will end.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 15:59.
      • skibadee
        Since: Oct 2009

why you would not carry it on blows my mind the service is amazing cost of 1 new game for a whole year.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 16:05.
      • Forrest_01

I agree that its great value skib, but not to someone like me that tends to have everything (or most things) offered on plus.

I have just been using free trials to pick up stuff i may have missed.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 16:21.
    • Forrest_01

Thanks Al – As a heads up to everyone else, these codes have all now been redeemed (just tried them all).

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 16:19.
      • Forrest_01

Ignore this – It seems that i am being told that they are no longer in use or incorrect because i have already redeemed one in the past. These may still work if you haven’t used one before.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 16:29.
  2. Bambo_19
    Since: Dec 2011

PS+ is the best investment in gaming I have ever made.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 13:40.
  3. transbaconist (formerly bacon_nuts)
    Since: Mar 2011

I would get ps plus if I had a bigger HDD. No room for anything new though sadly. I may have to get it if I get PS4 though, assuming it’s continued… It really does look great.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 13:43.
    • stonyk

simples. Buy a new drive like this http://www.ebuyer.com/339424-hitachi-500gb-travelstar-internal-hard-drive-0j11285 for less than £40. Problem solved.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 13:56.
      • fattyuk
        Since: Apr 2010

pffft 500GB!!!

1TB FTW

:0)

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 19:35.
      • transbaconist (formerly bacon_nuts)
        Since: Mar 2011

I would, but it’s just too late in the gen now. I think I’ll just buy the games I want this year before upgrading and then get ps+ with ps4 and vita

Comment posted on 07/03/2013 at 08:55.
  4. f4rgo
    Since: Dec 2011

Thankfully my HD can handle this little lot.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 13:50.
  5. Eldur
    Since: Nov 2012

PS+ is probably one of the greatest innovations of this generation. In fact, it might be THE greatest innovation. It’s almost completely turned the purchase and playing of games on it’s head for a certain proportion of the gaming community and is a model that would be lovely to see on BOTH of the next generation consoles.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 13:53.
  6. bunimomike

Here’s something interesting. I have PS+ but I also have a powerful PC (hence me playing Tomb Raider on it) and would rather buy Sleeping Dogs and play it looking top-to-toe in Sunday best (read: 1920 x 1200 with AA through the wazoo and everything set to High detail) than have it on the PS3, “free”.

I’m no graphics whore but I do want my games to look their best and whilst the PC slam-dunks the current gen, it’s something I’m curious as to how Sony can stop this happening? I guess the only way would be to have shorter life-cycles for their consoles.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 13:53.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

I think you’re probably a very small minority who prefers to pay rather get things free.

Weirdo.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 13:59.
      • bunimomike

Ah, I’m happy to pay for something that’ll enhance the pleasure of a service. Ahem! :-P

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:03.
      • skibadee
        Since: Oct 2009

does it really just looks better it is the same game.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 16:07.
      • fattyuk
        Since: Apr 2010

Your no graphics whore??

but you’ve just said all that!!

lol

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 19:37.
      • bunimomike

Ah, was waiting for someone to say that. My mate is a graphics whore. Two very powerful cards and never running anything under the highest of settings or he’s eyeing up his next hardware purchase!

I love my graphics but they’re not the be-all and end-all. However, seeing as I have the set-up already it seems almost daft not to. If I’m going to give fifteen hours (let’s say) of my time to a game, why not have it looking its best. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t shell out a grand for this if I wasn’t in this position anyway. It’s just when you compare platforms. God knows PS4 will be forging a wonderful path when its released and I’ll be happy as hell to be choosing that platform over anything else if I think it’s the best I have here at home.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 20:19.
    • stonyk

I don’t think this is even an issue to be honest. It costs too much to have a top of the range gaming PC especially when it will date the same as a console. I’d love one but bought a PS3 for £200 and don’t have £800 – £1000 for top PC to then need to spend £100′s more in 2-3 years to keep up with the top of the range graphics. I think there are too many people in this day and age without enough disposable income for Sony to worry about PC gaming.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:01.
      • bunimomike

It may well not be to be honest but I have a handful of friends who are in the same boat. All have PS3s and all have PCs that are under three years old which means with a decent graphics card, their first choice is usually the PC (over a console) when buying a game.

My PC is for work too so it makes sense to have a decent spec (graphic design) but my friends (AG2297, nemesisND1derboy – both on TSA) are young adults (19, 20?) and have the choice too. Hell, something I wish I had when I was that age! :-)

Anyway, just interesting to see how the hardware that doesn’t make your games look as nice is brushed to one side for game purchases… sometimes.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:06.
      • bunimomike

stonyk – thinking about it, I saved nearly a tenner on Tomb Raider (on the PC) over the console version. That’s a far more interesting topic as to why the console versions are so expensive compared.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:08.
      • Peter Chapman
        Team TSA: Editor

mike, that extra tenner is Sony’s licensing fee – they don’t pay a licence fee to publish on PC (although Steam must take a cut?)

But, software piracy is what keeps game prices high, right?

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:15.
      • stonyk

I have a cheap old laptop that does do games but nothing graphically impressive and with games so much more ridiculously cheaper on steam it’s full to the brim with games which is why I’d love a gaming PC – I just cannot justify spending £1000+ for what generally will give me improved graphics for the same games over my PS3 or old laptop.

Not sure why games are cheaper on PC but to be fair I can’t see why anyone would ever pay full price for a console game. Perhaps the consoles hold more value generally because they can be sold on so hold a re-sale value that PC games just don’t? But that’s just a wild stab in the dark.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:31.
      • bunimomike

A fine point, fella. This is digitally delivered so I’m stuck with it! :-) However, I’m hoping they enforce that law that says we have to be able to sell our digital purchases too. I really hope that comes into effect.

Skib – Thing is, the PC is already here. Tomb Raider is a visual feast of a game running with high settings, high resolution and other bells & whistles. It’s silly for me NOT to.

CB – I think I might start a thread in the forum about all of this as I’d love to know how the money for a game divvies up for the publisher, studio, retail outlet (offline/online), etc.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 18:57.
    • Peter Chapman
      Team TSA: Editor

I bought Skyrim on PC when it dropped in price a bit so I could play with the mods and the better looking-ness of it. I bought Tomb Raider on PC because it was cheaper, looks better and pre-loaded so I could start playing right away at midnight.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:11.
      • jimmy-google

I rented Tomb Raider from lovefilm and got it on launch day, only a couple of quid to add games to a film subscription. Problem is I have to finish Dead Space 3 from lovefilm first

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:42.
      • Alex C
        One for all.

I’m the same. Re-bought some games on Wii U because they’re slightly better than the PS3/360 versions…

Comment posted on 07/03/2013 at 00:24.
    • Airiaen

Its not about the graphics for me, Steam just makes downloading and installing games much more Stress-free. I have to wait so long for a 10-16gig game to install. It feels as if it takes hours. Its terrible and if I only had a PS3. It’ll be kinda annoying considering I can barely multi-task.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 17:25.
  7. Origami Killer

I should really sign back up to Plus. Wonderful freebies this month.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:00.
  8. TSBonyman

I’ll add ME3 to my download list although i really want to pick up ME1 and play that first.
    Excellent content again though, my only complaint is that i don’t have time to get through all of it!

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:00.
    • McProley
      Since: Aug 2011

Yeah, I’m in the same boat but I’ll load up ME3 and make a save file so I get the extra suit in Dead Space 3.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:36.
  9. DJ Judas
    Epic

I wish I’d signed up to ps+ and installed a new hard drive when it was first launched, I’m using an original 60gb with zero space that I’ve not replaced because I’d always put it off thinking ps4 was just round the corner….. Now it really is, and ps+ is still useless to me without a bigger hdd.

It is a great service though and I hope the same features are carried over to ps4.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:53.
  10. wolf-OF-chaos
    Since: Feb 2012

Awesome, already downloaded doa5.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:56.