MLB 13 The Show Arrives In Europe On PS3 And Vita

Double play.

Sometimes, just when you’re having a bit of a grumble to yourself, some good news falls in your lap. Today, I was surprised that the PS3 version of MLB 13 The Show was appearing on the PSN Store. But that didn’t stop me being a little bit annoyed that the Vita version was apparently missing. Then SCEE sent through a glorious press release to tell me I must turn my frown upside down.

MLB 13 The Show – Sony’s PlayStation exclusive baseball game – is coming out today on the PSN Store for both the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Vita.

If you’re a rare UK-based fan of baseball, you’ll probably have dabbled with importing this title in the past. You might even have grabbed the tardy Vita version of MLB 12 when it arrived on our digital stores last year or picked it up in the recent sales. But if you’re not a baseball fan then there’s a good chance you’ve missed out on this series.

You should consider rectifying that though, this series has been the best sports game on consoles for a few years now – both in terms of how well presented it is and how well it represents its sport.

Here are some screens from both versions. While the Vita game is obviously not quite up to par with the PS3 version, it’s still a great looking game.

If you buy both versions, you’ll be able to use your save on either or both as well as being able to play online against people who are using the other platform. The PS3 version is priced at £39.99 in the UK, which seems very reasonable and the Vita version doesn’t have a quoted price just yet so we’ll have to wait for it to appear on the store in a few hours.

Source: Press release

1. KeRaSh

My dad once walked into the room while I was playing MLB 12 The Show and he actually thought I was watching a real baseball game on TV.
    I’m not a fan of sports games because I get bored of theam quite easily but I don’t I’d probably pick this up during a sale.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:21.
  2. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

Baseball is fab cos all the players are usually beardy and quite stocky. We watch lots it on hols in america ;)

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 14:26.
  3. R1MJAW

There’s a post up about this on the EU blog, the Vita version is priced at £23.99/€29.99.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 15:00.
  4. mugsybalone

Definitely getting this. Got MLB12 as a Canadian import (slightly different box art, more polite fans, increased moose frequency from the US release), without really knowing much about baseball, only that it was like rounders (but for men). Really enjoyed it, even with limited knowledge, the ability to tailor the input from the player certainly helped in the early stages, so hopefully the rules of baseball won’t have changed dramatically between the two games :)

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 15:10.
  5. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

I’m interested in the Vita version, but I’d love a demo.

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 15:14.
  6. Airiaen

Would’ve been nice if it was cross buy but oh well. £23.99 for the Vita version is good. Still haven’t went for the other MBL yet so good timing~

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 17:47.
  7. JesseDeya
    Since: Jan 2010

This is GREAT news. I love the MLB The Show series and used to import for PS3, but with Vita and cross saves it meant I _needed_ an EU release for at least the Vita version.

Last year it came, albeit late, but this year getting BOTH games with an EU release – and early – shows that somebody at Sony is listening to gamers.

Play ball!

Comment posted on 06/03/2013 at 20:14.