Article written by Tuffcub.
Published on 07/03/2013 at 10:32 AM.
First up, what exactly is this floating about in the latest Battlefield 3 DLC? A hint that we might see Battlefield 2143?
Ustream will be coming to PS3 as well as PS4, “Yeah, it won’t obviously have the other stuff, but we do plan on doing that,” said Ustream’s CEO Brad Hunstable. By “other stuff” he means all the snazzy PS4 gubbins but at least you will be able to view content.
Free stuff, we love it, and God Of War: Ascension will have lots, “We’re going to release maps packs and additional maps for free so players don’t end up in a situation where they have a map pack and their friend doesn’t and then they can’t play together. Everyone is going to have the same maps.”
Our full review lands later today.
Sega have announced that Company of Heroes 2 will be released on June 25th in North America and Europe whilst Capcom have dated Lost Planet 3 for June 26th in North America, June 27th in Japan and June 28th in Europe.
Ubisoft have issued an excellent response to misguided headline botherers, PETA, who accused the company of promoting whaling.
“History is our playground in Assassin’s Creed,” says Ubisoft. “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is a work of fiction that depicts the real events during the Golden Era of Pirates. We do not condone illegal whaling, just as we don’t condone a pirate lifestyle of poor hygiene, plundering, hijacking ships, and over-the-legal-limit drunken debauchery.”
Bravo Ubisoft, bravo!
A rather silly trailer for Activision’s forthcoming Deadpool game. I am sure this rather childish marketing is getting them some attention but I fnd it very annoying. Besides, everyone knows the definitive version of Deadpool was the one from X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Minecraft PS3 might be considered when Microsoft’s exclusivity deal runs out but a Wii U version is “very unlikely.”
EA have been on the defensive and have now said that Microtransactions will not feature in every game after all.
“I made a statement in the conference along the lines of ‘We’ll have micro-transactions in our games’ and the community read that to mean all our games, and that’s really not true,” said Electronic Arts chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen.
“All of our mobile games will have micro-transactions in them, because almost all of them are going to a world where they are play for free. The real core of the microtransaction business is within the mobile part of our business which is the free-to-play business.”
Patch Snatch: The console versions of Far Cry 3 have been updated with a number of bug fixes and the following tweaks:
- Outposts reset: after the end of the game, players can choose to reset the liberated outposts to face the challenge to take them over again
- A new difficulty setting: Players who have completed the campaign can restart the adventure on MASTER difficulty, with more challenging enemies and dangerous wildlife
- Map Beta Test: Map makers can now start a beta test to monitor how their map is being played using the new spectate feature and regular players are enabled to provide better feedback to help map makers improve their projects.
- Maps by author: Players will be able to show all the maps created by an author
- Idle kick: The feature that kicks out idle players during a MP match is removed from custom and private matches
- The Skip map voting system has been improved with more visibility and time to cast the vote
- A new mini-game called The Grid has been added to the Outpost website and smartphone apps.
And Finally, Snoop Dogg is starring in his own rhythm based fighting game which will be available on most formats apart from Nintendo. Check out the behind the scenes video.