Dead Island: Riptide "They Thought Wrong" Gameplay Trailer

Return to paradise.

Techland have released a new trailer for Dead Island sequel Riptide. Named “They Thought Wrong”, the trailer reveals that the band of survivors from the first game again become stranded on a tropical zombie infested island after a row of unfortunate events.

We can also expect a new protagonist in Riptide named Morgan; a previous soldier who was part of a massive search and rescue operation, which we can only assume went badly wrong. Driving boats is also a new gameplay feature picked up from the trailer, and as with the first Dead Island you’ll be fighting human opposition as well as the hordes of zombies.

For a more detailed look at Dead Island: Riptide you can read our preview.

The game is set to release on the 26th April.

1. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

A little disappointing really, visuals look exactly the same (not improved), and it looks to be set in exactly the same location, and it’s obviously with the same characters apart from one new one. I’ll still probably buy it though as I love me some co-op!

Comment posted on 21/03/2013 at 16:09.
    • teflon
      Community Team

The visuals overall are the same, but there’s a new weather and water system which can shift dynamically during gameplay.

As for the location, it’s still in the Banoi archipelago, but it’s a different island, with a different style to some of the locations. Though yes, it will often look quite similar.

More of the same, but that’s not always a bad thing. :)

Comment posted on 21/03/2013 at 16:25.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

I just wonder if I’d be better getting FarCry 3 rather than something that looks almost identical to the previous game. However, like I’ve said, I’d be happy playing anything co-op, so more of the same could be fine! ;) The weather system does sound interesting, and if a lot of the bugs are gone that would be brilliant – in particular the connection problems I had on PS3.

I’m going to play the Ryder White DLC over the weekend so it’ll be interesting to play it again after so long! Could be just what I need to get back in the mood!

Comment posted on 21/03/2013 at 16:47.
  2. bunimomike

An unapologetic, “sweet, shitting marvellous!” from me. I cannot wait to play this. The first one was huge amounts of fun (with teflon and a few of the guys here) and even though this is very much a continuation (with refinements here and there) I already knew that so am counting the days.

Childishly excited! Hope the final boss battle goes as well as the first game. Killed him almost in an instant! Many tears of laughter flowed.

Comment posted on 21/03/2013 at 16:25.
  3. gazo69

Love the trailer, can’t wait for the game!

Fruit and I are supposed to be platin the 1st one, but he’s hiding again! Where are ya fruit??? ;)

Comment posted on 21/03/2013 at 16:46.
  4. DapperHayden007
    Since: Apr 2011

You have that feeling the game may be laggy when the trailer suffers from framerate issues :S

Comment posted on 21/03/2013 at 18:14.