Limbo Heading To PlayStation Vita

Stuck in limbo.

PlayDead’s indie hit Limbo is heading to PlayStation Vita. The game originally released on Xbox Live in 2010 but eventually made its way to PlayStation Network and Steam. Limbo boasts a score of 90 on Metacritic, and also scored highly in our review.

Sony areĀ fulfillingĀ their promise of 100 Vita games this year, with TellTale’s The Walking Dead only recently announced for the handheld as well. Hopefully we can see more games like Limbo crossing the bridge to the Vita.

No word on a release date as of yet.

Source: IGN

Read more: # # #
  1. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

Cool, but I also hope that this current trend of already released games doesn’t continue and make up most of that promised 100, like the Wii U.

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 21:00.
    • bunimomike

Spot on. Chuffed to bits but equally, I want to see targeted IP for the Vita that embraces mobile gaming and is hopefully something all other mobile platforms could be jealous of.

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 21:06.
      • TSBonyman

I would like to see some killer new IPs too, but i’m also happy to see conversions of great games that i know i would enjoy playing again.
        If the likes of Half Life 2 or Mass Effect 2 were ported for Vita … now that would make for Vita Nirvana in my book! :)

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 11:47.
  2. endlesscupsoftea
    Since: Oct 2008

Maybe so, but if I had money for a Vita, I’d get it. Much rather some slightly older games that are good than crap new ones. Hell, wouldn’t mind a vita for all the games on plus! :)

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 21:09.
  3. skibadee
    Since: Oct 2009

keep them coming Vita is getting a nice stash of games.

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 21:09.
  4. tonycawley
    Pint! Pint!

Got a really weird sense of deja vu when I read this. Not being funny but didn’t we know this weeks ago?

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 21:17.
    • Origami Killer

Just searched TSA and there’s been nothing on it. One of those days eh? :P

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 22:10.
      • Alex C
        One for all.

Did the same. Couldn’t see any earlier reference to this.

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 22:20.
      • tonycawley
        Pint! Pint!

This is really strange. When I read this, I had a complete sense that I already had this knowledge. Hm, this also happened to me when reading someone’s tweet the other day, like I’d read it before the previous night, word for word.

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 22:40.
      • tonycawley
        Pint! Pint!

May I also add that TSA is the only site I use for my gaming news. If it wasn’t on here, I didn’t know it!

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 22:40.
    • salvodaze
      Since: Dec 2012

I felt the same about the PAX reveal for Contrast, but it turns out I did see it advertised a few years a ago. So I guess it’s just your brain playing tricks on you this time :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSf8i8bHIns
      Or maybe the amount of ports being announced lately has something to do with it. At that, am I the only one who loves games being ported to handhelds? Fingers crossed for XCOM.

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 23:03.
  5. ashw92
    Since: Aug 2010

I hope that it will be free for anyone who already owns it on PS3. Never did get round to finishing it.

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 22:11.
  6. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Any word if players will need to buy the game again if they’ve already purchased the PS3 version?

Comment posted on 25/03/2013 at 22:22.
  7. gaffers101
    Since: Oct 2008

Great game and if I hadn’t already completed it on the PS3 I’d get it.

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 10:03.
  8. TSBonyman

That’s cool, it’s a deadly little slice of puzzle/platforming. Not sure if i would buy a second version as it’s a fairly short game, maybe at the right price though.

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 11:37.
  9. Broonba
    Since: Mar 2009

Nice. Now all I need is a release of Joe Danger/2 on Vita and I’ll be a very happy chappy.

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 12:29.