BioShock Infinite Now Available On PSN

Columbia is calling.

Heads up, the wonderful (10/10 review) BioShock Infinite is now available from the PlayStation Network. It’s a fairly hefty download (6.5GB) but if you don’t want to head outside in the snow it’s no doubt a viable option.

You can grab the download version for a penny under £50 from this link.

BioShock Infinite is the latest in the BioShock series, and is currently sailing high on Metacritic with a 95% rating on PlayStation 3, with only three games above it in the all-time score ranking: GTA IV, Uncharted 2 and Batman: Arkham City.

1. TSBonyman

Very tempted to go pick this up today but i need to get a few other games finished first…. still bloody tempted though.. :)

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 12:47.
    • TSBonyman

Hehe…I knew i wasn’t going to just walk past that Gamestop while i was in town today… game is sitting on my table now.. :)

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 15:56.
  2. Severn2j

£49.99? That’s quite a good price for psn, also a relatively small download. I bought the Steam version yesterday and that was more than twice the size. 15GB, IIRC.

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 13:05.
    • bunimomike

Installed mine last night (on the PC). Think it was a shade under 12GB which is nearly double the PSN install. I wonder where the “savings” have been made? :-\

Also, I’ll stick with the offer with GreenManGaming. Snagged Darkness II and Xcom: Enemy Unknown with Infinite. All for £23.99.

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 13:16.
      • Severn2j

Gah! I should’ve paid more attention during the build up. I’d convinced myself I wasn’t going to fall into the preorder trap and then after a random browse through the steam store jumped in with 8hrs to go..

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 19:51.
    • Avenger
      Since: Oct 2012

The exact download package is 14.9GB, with the total unpackaged installed amount at around 18GB.

The PC version contains High Resolution Textures which is the reason for it’s 3 disc size/data load.

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 14:31.
  3. Mike
    Since: Oct 2008

Or save 20 sheets and possibly play it tomorrow without having to venture into the snow? http://www.simplygames.com/info/19158

No brainer really ;)

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 13:37.
  4. Harm Rehal
    Since: Sep 2009

I’m still baffled as to why PSN games are so expensive compared to the usual online and high street retailers, does anybody know why?

I’m definetly going to buy this game (on disc) once it drops in price plus I have Aliens and Tomb Raider to complete.

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 13:56.
  5. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

Anyone that buys the PSN version is a massive fool as it’s £40 on disc and is faster to install then downloading it. Unless you have very fast download speeds. I know they put the high price up to avoid annoying the retailers but £50 is unacceptable considering there are no costs aside from the upload fee that Sony charges.

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 14:02.
    • matthangzhou
      Since: Sep 2010

Or they don’t live in the UK as a a lot of European countries have much higher RRP for games & less retailer competition.

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 14:08.
    • boeboe
      Since: Feb 2013

lazy people

Comment posted on 26/03/2013 at 14:08.