Official GTA V Packshot Revealed

Helicopter top left = official.

Not everybody is all that excited about GTA V, but it’s still going to be one of the year’s biggest games, with only Call of Duty and a couple of others that can hope to come close.

And here, after a couple of days of speculation (based on a New York mural painting) is the final artwork for the game’s cover.

gta v packshot

Rockstar have uploaded various versions of this to their site in a variety of sizes for wallpapers, albeit ones with the artwork centred in a big black space.

The game is out in September.

1. Peter Chapman
    Team TSA: Editor

Expect a spike in GTAIV sales when this launches and loads of people lift the wrong box off the shelf…

Comment posted on 02/04/2013 at 17:09.
  2. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

Wow, that’s not generic at all. Not one bit. It doesn’t say that they couldn’t be arsed to come up with a new box art that is not a copy and minor tweak then past job. Or that it doesn’t say much about the game.

Seriously Rockstar, this? You have bloody LA to work with and you chose to go for the most generic looking GTA box art? why not have some palm trees and the main characters on the beach? Or a Los Santos landmark on the front with a car running through it? And so forth. Do they really want to remind people how linear and boring GTAIV was?

Comment posted on 02/04/2013 at 19:09.
    • a inferior race
      I'm special

GTA IV is amazing if you play it ignoring all the hype.

Comment posted on 02/04/2013 at 22:46.
    • Mike
      Since: Oct 2008

It’s just boxart, something that you’ll see for 10 seconds before putting the disc in the drive.

It’s a classic GTA artwork cover – I’d be more surprised if they didn’t go for this style. It’s instantly recognisable and simple. Depicts aspects if the game without it being cluttered.

All good so far if you ask me. People seem to be jumping on the anti GTA hype train atm – I wanna bet everyone will be pleasuring themselves over this once released. I’ll be getting this on launch day, no questions asked as I’ve avoided most of the news about this game and will play it with a neutral view. I love the GTA series and this game will probably further that.

Comment posted on 03/04/2013 at 00:29.
  3. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Never enjoyed a GTA. Sad but true.

Comment posted on 02/04/2013 at 19:51.
  4. Broonba
    Since: Mar 2009

Wow. There sure is a lot of hate for GTA around here.
    Nice box art btw. Instantly recognisable as a GTA game case.
    Roll on September.

Comment posted on 02/04/2013 at 22:36.
  5. BULLofDOOM
    Since: Feb 2013

So disappointed! I was hoping to buy the game and hang the case in front of my eyes for days before actually enjoying the contents. Much like a new book, how I study every detail of the front cover, whilst savouring the anticipation of what the back may look like upon turning it over.
    If they don’t improve this cover art then I’ll vote with my wallet! To hell with contents, it is all about the front cover!

Comment posted on 02/04/2013 at 23:44.
  6. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

Nice artwork, wish there was another woman in a sexy pose though.

Comment posted on 03/04/2013 at 04:02.
  7. Shakugan
    Since: Mar 2010

I don’t like it.

Comment posted on 03/04/2013 at 15:13.
  8. Forrest_01

Personally, i like it – It’s new, but very very familiar & fits with the rest of the series.

…& anyone who rates how the game will play based on what the front cover looks like needs a bit of a reality check imo.

I will be getting this. Yes, its true that IV didn’t quite live up to the hype & I just couldn’t get through SA for one or another reason, but they are still very good games as far as i am concerned with lots of bang for your buck.

Comment posted on 03/04/2013 at 17:13.
  9. Armonster9000
    Since: Feb 2010

The model that the girl on the cover of this was actually a friend of mine back in middle school. Here I am working towards med school, and there she is working with Rockstar making one of my favorite game series.
    Well at least she was a nice person way back then lol. Don’t have a clue what she’s like now.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 21:41.