Fuse Gameplay Footage

40 minutes of it.

Fuse is Insomniac’s latest multi-platform project. Unlike Resistance, Fuse will be a third person co-op shooter, allowing you to switch between four playable characters within your team.

A gameplay demo, with commentary, has been uploaded to Twitch TV. The demo showcases 40 minutes of footage from the early levels of the game. To me it resembles Vanquish a little in terms of the combat.

Watch live video from Insomniac Games on TwitchTV

Fuse releases on the 31st May.

Read more: # #
  1. jimmy-google

I don’t know why but I always thought Fuse was a FPS. Little bit more interested in it now I know it’s not.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 13:08.
    • quinkill
      Since: Oct 2010

Seriously? I’d take an average FPS over what looks like a well below average 3rd person shooter.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 18:36.
  2. bunimomike

Dear god, that was cringeworthy. The first four and a half minutes were utterly terrible! Way to sell the game, devs.

We finally get into the game and it looks very average – although far happier to see it’s 3rd person as well. The dialogue appears to be pretty bad. Animation looks average at best. Textures are way off the quality I’d expect. The takedowns were funny in a bad way. The AI goon didn’t mind that two of his mates had been pulled over behind the crates and killed!

However, if this is co-op and the action is a blast, I’d still take a look at it. *shuts video down* I can’t watch any more of that. Cripes.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 13:20.
  3. kjkg
    Since: Apr 2010

Looks terrible. How early is the build? I wonder why the PR people decided this was good to show off. It does nothing new or innovative as far as I could see.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 13:29.
  4. yiddo
    Since: Jun 2010

They’ve said they’re discontinuing making anymore Resistance games (although Sony will probably assign one of their own studios to carry them on, hopefully) but I wish they’d have made another Resistance instead of this generic action shooter game. I get that they want to go multiplatform to make more money, but jesus christ, if you’re going to partner up with somebody do not do it with EA – who are known to be very cautious when it comes to producing anything with a little bit of creativity/originality. For a team as creative as Insomniac, going with EA was the wrong choice in my opinion.

I’m not just being a blind hater on EA. I still love the majority of their games, but this just looks too samey.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 13:30.
  5. Jakster123x
    Since: Aug 2011

I can’t get the video to work, but these comments aren’t exactly filling me with confidence. Saying that, i just watched a bit of gameplay which Gamespot put up and it looked quite fun, albeit slightly samey.

Insomniac have been getting a lot of stick lately and i feel like if this game flops (which, unfortunately it looks like it might, based on the numerous negative comments i’ve seen about it, even over two formats) then Insomniac may go the way of Lucasarts and so many other developers of late.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 14:30.
  6. Eldave0
    andUandU

Good ol’ EA. Taking great developers like Insomniac and crushing their creativity.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 15:13.
  7. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Really don’t like the look of that, the HUD is terrible for a start. And another thing I hate is having heathbars above everyone’s head.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 15:16.
  8. Bilbo_bobbins

Well done EA for killing off another dev team. *slow clap*

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 16:17.
  9. Moshbag
    Since: Nov 2011

I actually thought it didn’t look too bad. Sure it’s pretty generic graphically speaking, but the different weapons were quite cool (this is Insomniac after all), and it seemed like there was a decent bit of character progression in the menus. Of course it’s the co-op that will sell it to me, and it seems to be well catered for in that department, so I’ll be keeping an eye on it.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 17:04.
  10. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 17:05.
    • JBoo
      Banned
      Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 17:06.
    • Peter Chapman
      Team TSA: Editor

Give it a rest, will you? I love your enthusiasm but your relentless fanboying is quite ridiculous. Add something other than a stream of blinkered nonsense to the conversation once in a while or just shush. Please.

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 19:17.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

Thank you!

Comment posted on 04/04/2013 at 20:06.