UK Games Charts: 08/04/13 - BioShock Infinite Holds On, Defiance Enters Strong

Booker DeWitt remains defiant.

BioShock Infinite has held on to its number one position in the charts for a second week. It staves off competition from Square Enix’s wonderful Tomb Raider reboot and the top new entry for the week, Trion Worlds’ third person shooter, sci-fi-based MMO: Defiance.

Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Dark Moon in North America) is still doing well in fifth, just behind the evergreen FIFA 13. Microsoft’s third person shooter flagship series, Gears of War, is in sixth. Their first person shooter series isn’t doing too badly either: Halo 4 is still in 14th months after its release.

There are no Vita, PS3 or Wii U exclusives in the top 20 and the PC exclusives are only represented by SimCity in 18th.

Remember, this chart doesn’t count the digitally distributed games so anything bought on Steam, PSN, XBLA, etc. wont be taken into account.

Here’s the full top 20, get the top 40 via UKIE:

16. LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
  17. TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 14 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
  18. SIMCITY – ELECTRONIC ARTS
  19. SNIPER: GHOST WARRIOR 2 – CITY INTERACTIVE
  20. SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED – SEGA
  1. Origami Killer

Feel bad that I’ve only played 2 of the top 20, Far Cry and BioShock. Need to pick up Tomb Raider soon.

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 11:29.
    • tonycawley
      Pint! Pint!

I’ve only played 3 – fifa, cod, far cry 3. There’s a few in there I’d like to get but can’t justify spending money on e.g. defiance, tomb raider, assassins creed 3. Backlog just too big to be spending on new games.

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 11:33.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

Just feel bad that you haven’t picked up Tomb Raider, it’s ace! :p

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 12:01.
      • matthangzhou
        Since: Sep 2010

Or feel good that you haven’t picked up army of two.

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 12:29.
      • Origami Killer

Tomb Raider will definitely be the next game I get.

Army of two that bad then?

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 12:58.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

Haha – I remember the first one being terrible!!

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 12:58.
  2. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

I’ve just started Bioshock, feels very samey to me so far, just with a larger emphasis on shooting (which I am enjoying though). The story is intriguing!

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 12:02.
  3. Starman
    Since: Jul 2011

Pleased to see Defiance selling well.

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 12:25.
    • Mundham
      Since: Feb 2011

Yeah, thoroughly enjoying it

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 12:48.
  4. bunimomike

I’ve either finished or am playing the top two games. This has never happened before. Look at me with my fingers on the pulse of gaming and being all cool with the kids.

My dizzying total of one platinum standing firm on my digital mantelpiece. Erect and proud.

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 12:56.
    • TSBonyman

Ha, polish it regularly do you ..? ‘fingers on the pulse’ indeed.. ;-)

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 21:00.
  5. Wardy-77-
    Since: Mar 2013

I’m enjoying Defiance wasn’t sure if id like it or not but was on it for a good few hours till the early hours yesterday and got my character to level 74. Just seeing random strangers running around or in trouble and helping them out and being on a mission and a couple of randoms run up and help you, the Ark drops are great just fighting away while guy after guy arrives on there quads to join the fight with you, it was the early hours of the morning in the real world but saw an Ark drop was taking place I rushed over to join about 10 randoms in battle by the end of it around 30 to 40 guys had joined the fight, I finished up second on the leaderboard with damage done :) still trying to figure out the odd thing but i’m enjoying so far.

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 12:59.
    • sg
      Since: Nov 2011

lol sounds awesome.

i wanna get it, but it’s region locked and that’s a deal breaker for me. =/

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 13:10.
    • Starman
      Since: Jul 2011

Its certainly something different to the usual shooters we get on consoles. Indeed the arkfall battles are impressive. I think I’ve seen about 50+ players taking one down together.

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 13:16.
  6. blackredyellow
    Since: Mar 2009

Must get on Far Cry 3 and Bioshock Infinite. Oh and Tomb Raider.

And Black Ops II. Also, Crysis 3.

Oh, and Tiger 14…

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 14:20.
  7. TSBonyman

Crysis 3 is the only one there that i haven’t played but am half-interested in. I’m not that interested in buying it at full price though so it’ll wait.

Comment posted on 08/04/2013 at 21:06.