Taiwanese 'News' Animates Adam Orth "Always On" Twitter Story

And Cliffy B gives his opinion.

New Media Animation , a company that specialises in creating cartoons of news for Taiwan and China, has created its own version of the Adam Orth Twitter scandal.

The video finds Adam, who appears to live in the Matrix, being toasted by an exploding headless bird whilst Microsoft cry their eyes out at the feet of Xbox fans who are all badly dressed, tubby men.

Then Adam gets to commit suicide using a light sabre.

In related news, Cliff Bleszinski, the man who in December announced it was “time for a much needed break” from video games and then went on to do nothing but give his opinion about everything to with video games has, unsurprisingly, blogged about the subject.

“Now, I don’t know as much as you’d think I know about Microsoft’s future plans,” he wrote, “Even if I did I wouldn’t go blogging about it like some sort of fool.”

“My gut is telling me that an always online future is probably coming. It’s coming fast, and possibly to the majority of the devices you enjoy. Adam’s analogies weren’t that far off; although the vacuum one was kind of weird. Sim City, with all of its’ troubles on launch, seems to be selling briskly.”

“Diablo 3, the poster child of a messy launch, is estimated to be at 12 million units. I would bet money that without the always online elements of Diablo 3 that it would have sold half of that.”

1. XisTG

When I read the headline I though this was about that internet café on Taiwan, where a guy was killed and the other people at the café just kept on playing… always on…

Comment posted on 12/04/2013 at 13:16.
  2. KeRaSh

What really pisses me off about always on games is that they NEVER get the launch right. Diablo 3 and Sim City were highly anticipated games and they always decide to underestimate the server load instead of getting too much server capacity to handle all the requests. They save money at the beginning and the customer suffers. If they really get more sales out of it then they should at least spend the extra money on actually making sure that the game works come day one.

Comment posted on 12/04/2013 at 13:17.
  3. kjkg
    Since: Apr 2010

That was a tad odd…must be a Friday.

Comment posted on 12/04/2013 at 13:27.
  4. blackredyellow
    Since: Mar 2009

Wow, that was weird for 9am.

Comment posted on 12/04/2013 at 14:11.
  5. bunimomike

That cannot be even remotely true. Sure, it’s an opinion, but a terrible guess! There are multiplayer/online elements of Diablo 3 which are great. Equally, games like Diablo 3 (and Torchlight II) don’t actually need to be “always on”.

Comment posted on 12/04/2013 at 14:23.
  6. BULLofDOOM
    Since: Feb 2013

I’ve no problem with an online registry type procedure whereby the disc can only be played on the first console. But always online is far too restrictive. But on the flip side
    everyone now complains about these DRM methods but were happy to cut developers out and hand over the cash to the per-owned market.

Ideally a meet in the middle where games have to be bought new at £25 -£30 pound, then if buying a pre-owned copy the consumer needs an activation key at around £10 -£15.
    Or Gaikai proves the way forward is full game demos and all games should provide a demo to lure consumers into a full purchase if good enough.

Either way, I’m not happy with DRM methods / always online, but can see why it is being implemented. However, I would take the loss of retail (pre-owned) over developers closing down any day of the week!

Comment posted on 12/04/2013 at 14:35.
  7. Bilbo_bobbins

god these rumours and opinions from people on this subject really is getting old…..fast

Comment posted on 12/04/2013 at 15:08.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

MS need to announce something soon, the specualtion is getting ridikulus.

Comment posted on 12/04/2013 at 16:10.
      • Bilbo_bobbins

I like rumours here and there, but this Microsoft always online story really is becoming tiring. Tuffcub you are correct, something needs to be revealed asap all our minds will turn to mush.

Comment posted on 12/04/2013 at 16:52.
  8. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

Why isn’t every news-story presented like this!?

Comment posted on 12/04/2013 at 16:25.
    • Wardy-77-
      Since: Mar 2013

I would actually be more intrested in the news if it was like this :D

Comment posted on 12/04/2013 at 18:21.
  9. seedaripper1973

Absolutely fucking mental bonkers mad…love it!

Comment posted on 14/04/2013 at 13:12.