Miiverse Makes It To The Web

News flash: Nintendo fans also have phones and PCs.

Nintendo’s social media application Miiverse has expanded from the Wii U and is now viewable on phones and desktops through your browser.

The service is a key part of Nintendo’s future vision for their consoles, and has already helped generate a real sense of community on the company’s Wii U platform.

Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 03.33.02

A quick run through the website, which is currently in beta testing, lets you access your profile, check friend’s activity feed, and each of the separate game communities.

However, whilst you can now enjoy fellow Nintendo fan musings and artwork (some pieces of which are genuinely fantastic), you can’t post to the service or make changes to your profile or settings.

Miiverse on the web

The full service is set to go live next month, with a 3DS version and dedicated phone applications also set for release in the near future.

Read more: # # # #
  1. Peter Chapman
    Team TSA: Editor

Awww, MiiVerse is generally a lovely place. It’s kind of like Twitter but only about Nintendo stuff and with only happy thoughts.

The more ways there are to access this kind of service, the better :)

Comment posted on 25/04/2013 at 10:34.
    • Dom El
      Since: Mar 2012

It is genuinely a very respectful place, which confuses me whenever I go near Xbox Live now – perhaps the bright colours of Mario help engender positive feelings and manners, when the grey and brown worlds of bro-shooters make everyone very very angry!

Comment posted on 25/04/2013 at 12:17.
    • Alex C
      One for all.

The web version is like 10% of the experience though. A start, but hardly the same.

Comment posted on 25/04/2013 at 12:25.
  2. Lyts1985
    Since: Jan 2009

Loving this. I find myself regularly booting up the Wii U just to check out Miiverse… All I need now are some Wii U friends!

Comment posted on 25/04/2013 at 13:50.
    • Peter Chapman
      Team TSA: Editor

I’m colossalblue on there, if you want to add me, not that I leave much on Miiverse :)

Comment posted on 25/04/2013 at 15:56.
      • Dom El
        Since: Mar 2012

I’m Dom-El – you’ll see me playing Monster Hunter!

Comment posted on 25/04/2013 at 16:15.
      • Lyts1985
        Since: Jan 2009

Cheers both, ill add you shortly… I’m Lyts1985 :-)

Is Monster Hunter that good then? Need a new Wii U game to get my teeth in to… Is it comparable to another game I might recognise? I loved Ni No Kuni and am a fan of the earlier FF games so this one caught my interest.

Cheers :-)

Comment posted on 25/04/2013 at 18:23.