Rockstar Steam Sale This Weekend

50-75% off GTA, LA Noire and more.

Rockstar is having a Steam sale this weekend. Until the 29th April you can get 50-75% off various Rockstar titles on Steam. There are discounts on a host of Grand Theft Auto and Max Payne titles as well as L.A. Noire, Bully, Midnight Club 2 and Manhunt.

The Rockstar hits collection, which contains GTA 4, Episodes from Liberty City, L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3 is also down from £74.97 to £24.74.

Personally I’m extremely tempted to pick up the complete edition of L.A. Noire for a little over £6. Is there anything that tickles your fancy in the sale?

For the full list of sale items look here.

1. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

I picked up the GTA Collection ages ago when it was every game for a fiver, one of the best deals I ever got.
    Every time I see a Rockstar sale on Steam, it just reminds me how much I’d love to see Red Dead Redemption on PC… :(

Comment posted on 26/04/2013 at 22:36.
    • Origami Killer

And there was me thinking these sales were a bargain! I’ve gone and bought the LA Noire complete edition now. Platinumed in on the PS3 and sold it on so looking forward to playing through it again.

Comment posted on 26/04/2013 at 22:40.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

I got that GTA package too, it was indeed an awesome deal! There’s partial controller support now for 3, Vice City and San Andreas which is keeping me and my cobbled-together ‘man room’ amused occasionally.

Comment posted on 27/04/2013 at 07:37.
  2. mugsybalone

On a related note, why has there never been a PC version of Red Dead Redemption?

Comment posted on 26/04/2013 at 22:43.
    • gazzagb
      Master of speling mitakse

Rockstar basically said they just never got round to it. I think at the time they had people working on La Noire and Max Payne. Fingers crossed we’ll see it someday.

Comment posted on 26/04/2013 at 22:50.
      • mugsybalone

Fair enough, I suppose counting all that money must be rather time consuming! I’m not that familiar with the development process but I imagine that the 360 version of RDR would be structurally similar to a PC version, so a conversion ought to be straightforward?

As you say, fingers crossed for a definitive RDR release on PC, someday. Right after a Vice City where Tommy Vercetti can swim and fly planes, an HD update of Bully on PS3 and a Getaway-esque update of GTA London. Is that really so much to ask?

Comment posted on 26/04/2013 at 23:16.
    • SH Number 7/Mini-Lipscombe
      Since: May 2011

I only clicked on this page to see if RDR was on sale, I forgot it didn’t exist on PC :(

Comment posted on 27/04/2013 at 00:59.
  3. tactical20

They need to do a PS3 sale, at least for the PS2 classics. I’d get all the GTA games again, but not for £8 each.

Comment posted on 26/04/2013 at 23:23.
    • quinkill
      Since: Oct 2010

I’m not holding my breath for that anymore, £12 for San Andreas? I’ve just picked it up on steam for £5 for my MacBP using dualshock 3!

Comment posted on 27/04/2013 at 00:19.
  4. leeroye
    Since: May 2012

Played LA Noire on PS3, might pick it up for £6 for the PC, bargain.

Comment posted on 26/04/2013 at 23:32.
  5. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

Bought Max Payne, 30GB download… I’ll tell you in a couple weeks if it was worth it.

Comment posted on 27/04/2013 at 00:03.
  6. maney911
    Since: Oct 2012

be wary of this guys. the gta 4 stuff doesn’t like some pc set-ups. i got this last year in a sale and i still can’t get the game to run at a decent framerate, its like playing a flipbook :)

Comment posted on 27/04/2013 at 10:39.
  7. Airiaen

There’s nothing much from Rockstar that I’m bothered besides GTA.. Don’t think I’ll like LA Noire much.
    GOG have a good sale too. I like old games. Even Quantum Dream’s Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy is there. tempting. Its run till the 29th too.

Comment posted on 27/04/2013 at 11:28.