GT6 Penned For November 28th For PS3, Say Racing Websites

Box art 'leaked', too.

The box-art, apparently.
Several motoring websites are reporting that Sony are to release Gran Turismo 6, for PlayStation 3, on the 28th of November.

This ties it with earlier rumours, and rules out (at least for now) a PlayStation 4 version.

Sites picking up on the news include Motor Authority, Jalopnik and Top Gear.

Whilst it may appear that they’re all quoting the same retailer source, there’s a certain sense of weight behind the reports, which all seem rather confident in their reporting.

A full reveal for the game is just weeks away, TheSixthAxis understands.

If there are hands-on previews (which we assume there will be, as with all Sony titles of late) chances are they won’t be on PS4 hardware, adding further weight to the PS3-only notion.

Hopefully we’ll find out for sure soon – a revamped GT5 would be good enough for most, assuming Polyphony have worked on the Premium car count, sorted out the engine sounds and enhanced the tracks.

1. Boiler
    Since: Mar 2010

Drive Club for me then.
    Looks like I’ve got a long wait for GT7. Maybe I’ll get a Prologue in a few years.

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 11:22.
  2. freezebug2

Great news, although the “good enough for most with a worked on premium car count”. always baffled me. There were more premium cars in GT5 at release than any other racer could get halfway close to even after they’d had DLC add-ons!
    Would love to see a few inclusions like online championship set ups, an improved and more varied track design……bikes would be nice but TT2 would be nicer! ;)

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 11:34.
  3. Jumping Monks
    Legend
    Since: Jan 2009

Sweet, I hope GT6 is to GT5 what GT4 was to GT3, and similarly what GT2 was to the original GT :P. I really look forward to hearing more on this soon, as the GT series was the main deciding factor in terms of exclusive titles that swung me over to Sony rather than MS when I first entered this gen of consoles. Exciting times!

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 11:43.
  4. theshockwave
    Since: Nov 2008

Really hoping this returns some of the fun to the game. GT5 was pretty dull, no matter how well it played (which was very well), there just wasn’t that ‘fun’ factor. More like frustrating trains of cars mindlessly driving round tracks at a sensible track speeds.
    GT4 was magic, they need that back.

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 11:48.
    • freezebug2

Agreed, some the aspects to the single player campaign are lacking, but no previous GT has needed to include online racing which is where the crux of GT5 really is for me anyway.

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 12:08.
  5. Joshua Hood
    Small briefcase w*nker

Definitely fake art at least – the 6 is sized and spaced weirdly, and be logo itself takes up too much space for even a usual hero-logo box design, the bits at the bottom are way too close to the edges, and as a final nail, the box itself is the style that hasn’t been used since 2009 (check the old-style PLAYSTATION 3 logo and the Blu-ray logo in the wrong place).

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 11:54.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

Yup, and it’s missing the “Only on PlayStation” tag

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 12:47.
  6. Bilbo_bobbins

I’m wondering whether GT will be back at all after this one, even on PS4. Its old and needs a massive revamp I think

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 11:58.
    • KeRaSh

Sales numbers say otherwise.

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 12:17.
      • tonyyeb
        Since: Aug 2010

Yup, it’s a cash cow by definition.

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 15:50.
  7. wonkey-willy
    Since: Jan 2010

vrrrooooommm!
    !!!PLEASE WAIT LOADING!!!
    vrooom
    !!PLEASE WAIT LOADING!!
    WTF polophony i just spent 4 days installing this heap of shite and still you want to load something every two seconds.forget it i’m of to play Forza

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 12:13.
  8. carson321

For some reason, reading the title of this article made Penny Racers jump in to my head…… not a great game!

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 12:22.
  9. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 13:30.
  10. novamegalith
    Since: Oct 2009

I am looking Forward and expect Great things from this
    GRAN TURISMO 5 is the reason I bought/stood in line at LAUNCH a PS3 and I Still Play It Daily . sometimes I just watch it run through it’s amazing looking Attract sequences

Comment posted on 03/05/2013 at 17:22.