UK Games Charts: 07/05/13 - Riptide Up Top, Not Much Change

The island isn't quite dead yet.

It’s hardly surprising, given the lack of new releases last week, but this week’s chart hasn’t changed much. Dead Island: Riptide maintains its position at the top.

Injustice, Tomb Raider, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen and BioShock Infinite are all still doing well, as are the regulars in the top ten – FIFA and Call of Duty. Star Trek is at number ten, despite not being very good, and there are two LEGO-based Nintendo exclusives in the top ten.

Grand Theft Auto IV and the Episodes also appear in the top 20 again, presumably off the back of the GTA V hype that’s building.

The only major new release, Soul Sacrifice on the PS Vita, only manages to make it to number 26 this week. Perhaps its digital sales were fantastic, those aren’t included in this chart data.

Here’s the top 20, there’s a top 40 on UKIE:

10. STAR TREK – NAMCO BANDAI GAMES
  11. ASSASSIN’S CREED III – UBISOFT
  12. FAR CRY 3 – UBISOFT
  13. DEFIANCE – TRION WORLDS
  14. THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
  15. LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
  16. GOD OF WAR: ASCENSION – SONY COMPUTER ENT.
  17. NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED – ELECTRONIC ARTS
  18. SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED – SEGA
  19. GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES – LIBERTY CITY – TAKE 2
  20. GRAND THEFT AUTO IV – TAKE 2
  1. bunimomike

Finished Riptide a couple of days ago. Top fun and silliness from start to finish.

I need to find something enjoyable this week so as to make up for the time with Borderlands 2 last night. Dear god. *shakes head* That was terrible. Will give it one more go in a day or two’s time.

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 11:07.
    • kjkg
      Since: Apr 2010

What did you not like about Borderlands 2? Was it on PC. I rememeber the orginal was a really poor port but I thought they were trying hard to rectify that.

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 11:12.
      • KeRaSh

BL2 should be a lot better on the PC than BL1 was.

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 12:41.
      • bunimomike

Controls felt sluggish but I think I didn’t play the first hour or so at the speed that’s comfortable to me. Tef and I are going to give it another go in the week.

I remember the first one’s port. That was atrocious. It’s what kept me away from this one so long but it was £7.50 in a sale last week (ie. code redeemable on Steam).

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 12:51.
      • KeRaSh

I had to enable V-Sync in BL1 on the PC via an edit in a config file. I haven’t had to tinker in config.ini files since Counter Strike 1.6.
        That’s how bad the original Port was. The PS3 version is great, though. :)
        I still think that BL2 doesn’t live up to the glory that was BL1 and that makes me a little sad.

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 13:43.
      • david24
        Since: Feb 2011

i’m guessing, or at least i hope you mean disable v-sync. why would you want to intentionally introduce mouse lag!?

as for bl2, i really enjoyed it on pc. they did a great job with the nvidea PhysX, one of the few games to actually use it properly.

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 21:12.
  2. kjkg
    Since: Apr 2010

Soul Sacrifice was a decent price on the store. So I’d be surprised if they didn’t have great numbers with digital downloads included.

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 11:11.
  3. Origami Killer

Need to get back to Tomb Raider when I can. Don’t understand how FIFA continues to stay within the top 5-ish every week.

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 11:11.
    • Eldur
      Since: Nov 2012

FIFA?! How about Skyrim?! Every week it’s there, taunting me… Who doesn’t own it yet? Am I secretly buying additional copies to keep it in the charts? Who knows…

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 11:23.
      • Origami Killer

Ha yeah, madness!

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 11:30.
      • KeRaSh

I don’t own it. :)

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 12:42.
      • Eldur
        Since: Nov 2012

Oh, you will. Bethesda has you marked now. Before the week is out you’ll have bought eighteen copies and it’ll move up three more places in the charts…

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 14:59.
    • Crazy_Del

Easy a player was losing online and just switched off the PS3 at 90mins and just took the disc out and breaks it in half. Not my fault when that happens. I just love winning =P

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 11:38.
      • Taylor Made
        Since: Oct 2011

Ha! So true, I never seen so many quiters in one game like FIFA. They should lock you on the game so you can’t quit lol

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 12:18.
      • kjkg
        Since: Apr 2010

I wanted to cry when I gave you that bloody penalty the other day. Still, 5-4 was a pretty epic scoreline.

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 13:07.
      • Crazy_Del

Haha until the second game you would have won but we both got a freezing screen =( well there’s today/tonight ;)

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 13:15.
  4. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

Tomb raider still there top 5! God of war back in top 20 nice

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 12:20.
  5. 3shirts

When I bought Far Cry a couple of months ago I was surprised that used copies are still so pricey. I can see why now. As for Skyrim, I just feel sorry for the friends of people only just picking it up now.

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 13:10.
  6. slowman6
    Since: Nov 2012

Very surprised Soul Sacrifice wasn’t higher on this.. It’s number one on the Shopto chart. Guess everyone got it from there and off PSN so didn’t sell anywhere else?
    Kind of annoying that a game like Dead Island gets number one for two weeks even though they don’t review particularly well – haven’t played it myself but did the first and it’s cool but enough for me seeing as the second one doesn’t do much new apparently.
    On the other hand Soul Sacrifice is one fine game I think, so deserve better.

Comment posted on 07/05/2013 at 15:06.