June's European PlayStation Plus Games Revealed: Reckoning, Ico, Demon's Souls

What's next for the Instant Game Collection? We'll tell you.

Whilst we already knew that Demon’s Souls and the Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus Collection would be gracing the PS3’s portion of PlayStation Plus, there were still a couple of slots left for next month’s Instant Game Collection.

Well, TheSixthAxis is happy to announce that the other PlayStation 3 game will be RPG title Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. All three PS3 games (we’re counting Ico and Shadow as one) will be available from the 29th of May.

The games will replace previous titles Hitman Absolution, Catherine, MALICIOUS and Sine Mora.

Over on the Vita, it’s Rayman Origins and Futurlab’s Coconut Dodge HD up for grabs. A reminder here that Velocity Ultra, also from Futurlab, is available on PlayStation Plus from today, also for the Vita, as part of the Instant Game Collection.

We should hear a little more on Plus at E3.

1. cam the man

There’s been some good games on PS+ lately. Haven’t bought many games recently as I’ve been playing through the freebies.

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 12:05.
  2. The Avenger
    Since: Oct 2012

Glad to hear of Rayman as I was pulling back from buying it. No sign of Velocity HD on the store at the current moment. Hopefully QA was OK. It would inevitably be nice to see some more feature games on the Vita over the summer, stuff like Resistance, Dynasty Warriors and ModNation.

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 12:06.
  3. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

Glad about ICO, SOC and Demon’s souls but I honestly thought Amalur was awful when I rented it…

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 12:07.
  4. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

Awesome, Rayman is probably the only “major” Vita game I don’t have!

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 12:12.
  5. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

Rayman!

Great game. I already own it, so I’ll probably trade in the cart version. Leaving me with just Need for Speed on cart…

Hmm…

Maybe I should buy more cart games and stop trading them in, seeing as my memory card is getting ridiculously full…

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 12:13.
    • Origami Killer

trading in the cart version was one of the worst decisions Ive made. Really do miss the game.

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 15:45.
  6. yd
    Since: Mar 2011

Disappointing that I’ve already got 2 of the 3 PS3 games on offer there. And the one I never got around to getting is a tarted up PS2 game (or games).

But it’s a good selection of games anyway. Even if Demon’s Souls is incredibly brutal in the lessons it teaches you. Kingdoms of Amalur isn’t as brutal but lots of fun (if you like that sort of thing). Some lucky people get to play both of those for the first time.

And Rayman for the Vita? That’ll keep me happy.

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 12:15.
  7. KeRaSh

Amalur is a lot of fun. I loved the game.

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 12:22.
    • bunimomike

Agreed. Played it from start to finish and it was such a tonic compared to Skyrim. Warm environments, not a hint of an American accent when they ran out of actors to use (in Skyrim) so continuity didn’t fall apart plus a combat system which Skyrim (and any other of its ilk) should learn from. Think Batman franchise but in a medieval way. Um… tricky to explain but supreme fun from start to finish.

Oh, and the single best DLC I’ve bought for a game – The Legend of Dead Kel. Utterly wonderful and didn’t even want to return to the main game! :-)

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 13:27.
  8. rht992
    Since: Apr 2009

Really enjoying Hitman at the moment. First game in the Series I’ve tried.
    Can’t wait for Demon Souls but I’ve got a strange feeling I won’t be able to finish it in a month.

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 12:33.
  9. TSBonyman

Rayman Origins for Vita – awesome, i already have it for PS3 and didn’t want to re-purchase it. I’ll probably check out the two ‘swordy’ games too.

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 12:41.
  10. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

Haven’t played an RPG since Y’s The Vanished Omens on Master System, but KoA:Reckoning has my interest.

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 12:44.
    • Kennykazey
      Since: Mar 2010

It’s pretty cool, I have the PC version and it’s a lot of fun. Combat reminds me of Darksiders.

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 13:05.
    • bunimomike

The combat was wonderful in comparison to others in the genre. When Hannypoppie played it (as an Assassin?) it was like a bloody light show when she went into battle. The speed of the hits and movement was superb. However, my heavy, hard-hitting fighter was quite the contrast (on my playthrough) and was a joy as I pounded creatures into the ground.

Hope you like it if you give it a go.

Comment posted on 15/05/2013 at 13:47.