You

Community Chronicle: 26/05/13

The Room.

Tuffcub, Vaughn (of podcast “VAUGHN!” fame) and myself went to a The Last of Us event, this past week. It was tucked into this unused warehouse, filled with rows and rows of consoles loaded up with demos of the game, the same which Al played for his preview a little while back.

A lot of it was dressed up to look like it would fit in with the dystopian world of TLOU, with one room in particular doing a spectacularly good job of looking like it’s straight out of the game (well, maybe a PS4 sequel). So I thought I would share that room with you all.

The Last Room

Feel free to grab it full sized here, or just click on the photo itself. Just don’t zoom in too far, because there’s a teensy bit of blurring, I’m afraid.

After badgering people over the last few weeks, Ro6afc11 took pity on my trials and tribulations, and sent in his set up. He’s a lovely chap, that Rob is.

He also sent in a nice little description:

The main reason for not answering the call is that there really is not much to see. I know everyone says that but in my case it’s not far from the truth. I consider it to be an antithesis to the teenage boys bedroom type of setup.

In photo 1 you can see lots of white with a few black bits dotted here and there. The units are the finest Ikea Bjorn Borg (or something like that). The tall one on the left is half depth to allow for a door opening and is ideal for Blu Ray/DVD cases etc. PS Vita is always close to hand.

Photo 2 has the main workings. 37″ Panasonic Viera (Whoa oh oh oh!) TV. Only bought it as it was called Vieira (almost). Above that on the left is a Pioneer 5.1 HDMI tuner thingy and on the right the PS3, of course. My TSA F1 2012 Championship Driver’s Choice award takes pride of place along side the magic black box.

Behind the frosted glass below the TV is a Panasonic Freeview HD Recorder. Not had that too long but is getting well used now. The router also lives in there and there is plenty of draw space for my laptop and other junk.

The overall look is pretty clinical I guess but behind the doors is a serious dumping ground. Photo 3 is a small snippet of the games shelf and associated tech junk such as Move Controllers. Also houses headphones, batteries, leads etc.

I have no figurines, special editions or anything like that. Where would I put all that clutter! My only concession to Collectors Editions are the Killzone Steelbooks but everyone has them don’t they?

That concludes my burglar’s tour of where I do my gaming.

If you too feel sorry for me, you can sponsor me for just £2… no wait, that’s not it… If you want to rescue me from begging for more participants, please use the submission form below, get in touch with me on Twitter at @teflon, or just send me an email out of the blue to teflon@thesixthaxis.com.

It took me long enough, but I decided to pop back onto Uncharted: Golden Abyss and jump through the final few hurdles to get the platinum. So, I zipped through the final third of the campaign on Crushing, and then embarked on a mission to finish all of the specific weapon kill tallies and so on. Took me a little while longer than I would have liked, because some of the weapon’s kill counts had oddly reset themselves at some point.

Taylor Made has been much snappier than I was with Uncharted, by getting the Soul Sacrifice platinum in a record time. Ace-Michie thinks he’s been fastest with the as yet unclaimed DmC: Devil May Cry fastest, and germ1984 has nabbed the fastest for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14.

Bit of a mouthful, that last game, but not something Bambo_19 would struggle with, taking the Smart As fastest. BadBoyBoogie rounds out the torrent of speedy platinums with Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2!

Phew! Well, away from taking platinums, Bmg_123 finished Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, something which I’ve not seen myself yet able to do, as TheLoneSteven has completed his play time with Dragon’s Dogma. Parryman thoroughly enjoyed his 100% run on Thomas Was Alone.

Crazy_Del has managed something incredibly difficult in Payday: The Heist, completing all the heists on Overkill difficulty, alongside B_Cambo. Considering that there’s not a level which has higher than 50% completion rates beyond the first level on the normal “hard” difficulty level, this is impressive! It’s really is damned hard, as Mike, AG and I have quickly found!

Del also nabbed the Mercenaries 2: World in Flames platinum, even as he closes in on Payday’s, and speaking of B_Cambo, he has also rounded off his quad, with Hitman: Blood Money.

Finally, Motalla has been taunting us about a skateboarding secret meet. It has few rules:

1. Do not talk about the secret meet.
  2. Do NOT talk about the secret meet!
  3. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE SECRET THPS TSA MEETS ON THURSDAY EVENINGS!

So, if you can figure that one out…

We’re nearly done, but you can head over to page two for the full trophy leaderboards. To finish off this page, we have the usual submission form for photos and accomplishments. Don’t hold back!

Community Chronicle Entry Form
Please submit your entry in the form below.
TSA id: *
Email address: *
Which feature do you wish to submit your entry to? *
Details about your accomplishment or rig? *
If you have a picture then please upload it here.

Read more: # #
  1. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

I completed Dragon’s Dogma(The DA version) and it doesn’t get mentioned? I hate this site. *leaves out of protest after stealing Tef’s toeshoes out of spite* :p

If i had a way to upload photos from my phone which i really should sort out, i would send you one as my collection looks presentable. But alas, i do not. :( That and i would have to erase your memory afterwards via one of those MIB flashers. ;)

Oh, so you did mention me but didn’t put it in bold. Are you ashamed to mention me tef? *Runs off crying* :p

Comment posted on 26/05/2013 at 12:05.
    • teflon
      Community Team

Yes. We all are. :P
      I’ll bold it now, sorry!

Comment posted on 26/05/2013 at 12:18.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

You guys are barstewards and i’m never coming back! *leaves the site forever* :P

Comment posted on 26/05/2013 at 12:36.
  2. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

I love that k3 collectors edition case, it’s the best. I have exact the same, love it!

My GF finally completed Journey, she now feels she ready to tackle a platinum. I was sad to see soul sacrifice finish but same time disappointed with the final boss battle. I will deffo buy DLC for this game.

Comment posted on 26/05/2013 at 12:26.
  3. B_Cambo
    Since: Oct 2012

Haha Payday The Heist was hard to do had a few failed attemps on Green Bridge and Heat Street but finally got there. We are closing in on the Platinum for it but again still wait on a 4th player so if anyone is interested…

Well done on everyones accomplishments this week.

Comment posted on 26/05/2013 at 12:37.
  4. Ro6afc11

What a glorious Bank Holiday Sunday. I’ve spent pretty much all of the afternoon in the garden with a few beers and the cricket on the ipad, well, until it shut down complaining it was too hot. I’ve never seen that before! Judging by the activity here it would seem everyone has been making good use of their time too which means I picked a great week to get my submission in and slip quietly under the radar.

Was a pleasure to be of assistance teflon. Right, back to the last few overs of the day.

Comment posted on 26/05/2013 at 18:38.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

I wish I had that storage, me and my OCD could arrange and rearrange my games for hours! ;)

Comment posted on 27/05/2013 at 17:51.
  5. Crazy_Del

Late to the party due to work.
    First of all… Rob that is an awesome beautiful T.V set up there, very neat and nice. Just stunning.
    Congrats to everyone’s trophies/Platinum ^^
    And lastly to Mike, AG and Tef…… Payday: The Heist is indeed hard (thanks for the mention by the way) But its best to do Easy with REP 0-5, Normal REP 5-30/40 Hard REP 45-85 and Overkill requires REP 120+
    You gain higher REP which will give you better weapons/perks. My weapon is 21 Brennen (High damage, full clip, better accuracy and more damage!) my secondary is Compact S. I would post my stats but I don’t know how much I have gotten into but what I can do is I’ll take a pic and post it to you guys on Twitter.
    Payday is a brilliant co-op game and all it requires are determination, patience and good teamwork. Of course you can throw in anger, excessive language, screaming at T.V and possibly tossing the Dualshock at the T.V all part of the stress in that game =P

Comment posted on 27/05/2013 at 00:26.
    • teflon
      Community Team

Yeah, we’ve given it a good going over as a foursome tonight.
      When you die, you die hard!

Pushed on to the fourth level, with the bridge, but I think we’ll need to go back through the first few and unlock better stuff.

Cheers for the tips :)

Comment posted on 27/05/2013 at 01:21.
    • Ro6afc11

Why thank you Del, I’m glad you like it. I mentioned the junk behind the doors but the cabling behind the tv is insane. Even if I try and keep some order to it it just ends up a mess. I’m sure there are fairies behind their responsible for tangling it all up and that’s why it’s best that it’s all out of sight.

Comment posted on 27/05/2013 at 09:34.
      • Crazy_Del

Haha my cables are a mess too just wish it can be hidden under the floor xD
        And you’re welcome teflon if need any more tips give me a shout on here (Forums or my PS3/twitter) And yes GREEN BRIDGE is a pain especially on Normal/Hard and Overkill like Cambo said including HEAT STREET

Comment posted on 27/05/2013 at 10:16.
      • fillip2k
        Since: Jun 2011

I have a collection of the twist ties that you get with cables and stuff and bundle up all my cables using those… Its like a well ordered electrical motorway behind my PC and TV…

…Some would say I need to get a girlfriend/life…

Comment posted on 27/05/2013 at 12:05.
    • freezebug2

Agreed, that TV set into the cabinet is a bounty. Wheeere’s the wheel? Y’know the thrice repaired famous DFGT with plasters on it….:P Nice rig dude ;)

Comment posted on 27/05/2013 at 14:01.
      • Ro6afc11

Ha ha, the wheel can’t stay set up permanently freeze, would ruin the aesthetics! I have to put it away and set it up each time which could be why I keep breaking them, think I’m only on the 2nd one though :P

Cheers freeze

Comment posted on 27/05/2013 at 17:15.
      • freezebug2

Good point! The most fragile part I would imagine is the pedal to wheel VGA type thingy connector, I doubt that plug would handle too many connect/disconnects before it started loosening and dropping out of it’s own accord during racing!!

Comment posted on 30/05/2013 at 10:39.