You

Community Chronicle: 23/06/13

GTAcademy FTW!

Is there anyone else out there keeping an eye on the 24 Hours of Le Mans? It’s easily one of my favourite races and one of my favourite tracks to zip around in Gran Turismo 5. I’m certainly hoping for a big finale, as I write this during an early safety car lull, and a good race for the GT Academy boys, who have a car running in LMP2. I’m watching out for Jann Mardenborough in particular, who myself and Jambo had the pleasure of chatting to last year.

Of course, it was incredibly sad to hear that Allan Simonsen passed away, following on from this crash, so early on during the race.

Stepping into the limelight this week is blackredyellow… and his cat. Meow!

Over to the man himself:

You’ll have to forgive the living room which is apparently sponsored by IKEA. Got my 50 inch LG Plasma sat in the middle, with some Sony Pulse Headphones underneath, and a 160GB PS3.

I don’t keep too many games, as I like to trade them in once they’re done with. The ones I have kept were bought in the UK and as I’m living in Canada they won’t accept them as trade ins. Perhaps I’ll be better adapted to the next gen if the pre-owned gets wiped!

You can guess that BRY sent this in to me just a shade ahead of E3.

I have a few set ups in the pipe, but if you too want to forestall my future Saturday afternoon begging sessions, please use the submission form below, get in touch with me on Twitter at @teflon, or just send me an email out of the blue to teflon@thesixthaxis.com.

It seems that a lot of people have finished off their playthrough of The Last of Us, and thought to have a quick glance at he multiplayer, which many have found to be a pleasant surprise! I’ve certainly enjoyed what is quite a unique mix of gameplay, that’s for sure.

It’s not perfect, and a few people take issue with some of it, but a lot are enjoying it. For example, BadBoyBoogie had already put in well over 24 hours online last Sunday! Crazy_Del is also all over the multiplayer, as he’s just a single trophy away from the platinum, following on from his three and a half completions of the single player. I’m not far off a Survivor run myself, whilst Snebjnr and countless others have finished the main story at least once.

Youles has focussed on the online instead, but also took 100% of the Bang Bang Racing trophies, possibly the 17th person ever to get all of the trophies. Bmg_123 also dug into an older game with inFamous: Festival of Blood, something which I should really get back to at some point.

Gaffers101 finished BioShock Infinite and nabbed the platinum for Lego: LOTR ahead of playing TLOU, whilst KeRaSh did the same for Remember Me, finishing it ahead of TLOU. B_Cambo was able to follow in Del’s footsteps with his own Payday: The Heist platinum.

McProley grabbed the Sleeping Dogs platinum, whilst we round things out in this briefer than usual section with Yogh_Wayne. He claimed the fastest for Ragnarok Odyssey on Vita, but also noticed that Radboud had a faster record than his own for Trine. A particularly honest chap, he pointed this out to the man, graciously handing over the title.

That’s almost your lot, but you can head over to page two for the fastest platinums board (for the second week in a row). To finish off this page, we have the usual submission form for photos and accomplishments. Don’t hold back!

Community Chronicle Entry Form
Please submit your entry in the form below.
TSA id: *
Email address: *
Which feature do you wish to submit your entry to? *
Details about your accomplishment or rig? *
If you have a picture then please upload it here.
Read more: # #
  1. Wardy-77-
    Since: Mar 2013

Nice set-up BRY im liking the entertainment unit also the very well placed cat Nice ;)

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 14:18.
  2. freezebug2

Been watching the Le Mans on and off, great racing apart from the tragedy at the start of the race. Would love to do a GT5 race version using Le Mans prototypes scaled down to a few hours with accelerated tyre wear and fuel depletion along with day/night/weather updated.
    I tried to create a mini Le Mans on LBPK the other day but ran out of scenery before the Mulsanne kink! :O
    Nice set up BRY, good job tidying everything up for the shots….you can never have enough controllers ;)

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 14:38.
    • freezebug2

Now it’s BTCC time. :P

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 14:41.
  3. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

The IKEA stuff looks great BRY. I always liked the white, my girlfriend prefers old weathered wood though so we have a lot of that. Nice to see the well travelled Vita box perched in there too!

I watched a fair bit of the Le Mans this morning, it was so sad to hear about Allan Simonsen, really sad when someone dies as its so rare now. The weather this morning made it a bit of a skid fest, thank god it didn’t piss it down at night. Those are some brave drivers, Le Mans is absolutely insane.

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 14:42.
    • teflon
      Community Team

I’ll bet she does, you dirty old man. :P

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 14:51.
      • Wardy-77-
        Since: Mar 2013

Harold HAROOOLD!

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 15:02.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

Hah, I didn’t even mean it as smut! And I’m not old just yet :)

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 15:07.
      • teflon
        Community Team

I’m willing to pretend that you are 30 years her senior, for the purposes of my witticism. ;)

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 15:14.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

Could be awkward, I’m only 28… Best pretend I’m 46, then at least were legal.

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 15:51.
  4. cam_manutd

Nice set-up Bry. I like the feline monument. Is it playable? Will EA continue to support it with DLC do you think?

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 15:01.
    • blackredyellow
      Since: Mar 2009

She doesn’t require an online pass!

Comment posted on 24/06/2013 at 04:41.
  5. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

I too watched some of the race, always have a bit of an interest since my Dad won C2 in 1990 and the European Le Mans series. I really most go one year! It’s amazing how the prototypes make the racing Ferraris/Porsches/Aston Martins seem SOOO slow, lol!

Nice setup bry, huge TV! My OCD would love to play with those cubes and arrange all my game etc around the TV!! ;)

Ta for the mention Tef, and AIR for the leaderboards!

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 15:14.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

What what WHAT? Your dad and his team won his class?? That’s amazing!! I just looked him up on the 1990 Le Mans results page, no link to any other records sadly, what else has he done racing wise and what does he do now? That’s pretty awesome! And you should go with your boys when they’re old enough, me and my old man are planning on a trip next year now.

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 15:41.
    • teflon
      Community Team

Astonishing little fact there. Awesome.

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 16:19.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

He’s done a lot of GT racing over the last 20 years, mainly 911 GT2s/GT3s, Lotus Esprits, Vipers….he did most of his racing in the 90s and won the British GT Championship a few times, he mainly just does historical stuff now, and builds race cars for other people. He also competed in Le Mans another year too, and has done other endurance stuff at Daytona and Spa. He also had someone ride his bike at the Isle of Man TT.

I think he’s supporting the British GP this year so I might get free tickets to Silverstone! :D Although I may have to be pit crew!

I got my B Licence a few years ago and got to race with him at Brands in an 8-Port Mini, finally got to be his co-driver after years of dreaming as a boy! ;)

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 16:38.
      • freezebug2

Some cracking achievements to his bow, you must be mighty proud. You’ve done well with your ventures into Motorsports to get to be his co-driver……no mean feat :)

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 22:20.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

Thats amazing he’s achieved great things and yeah you must be very proud. And its very impressive that you have your B License!

Comment posted on 24/06/2013 at 08:51.
      • Tomhlord
        Team TSA: Writer
        Since: Apr 2009

Wow, this is amazing Youles!!

For everyone else, here’s an article Mike Youles has written about his LeMans skillz http://kirkmichaelmotorsports.com/racing/my-le-mans-story/

Comment posted on 26/06/2013 at 14:06.
  6. bunimomike

Lovely set-up, BRY. Looks functional but still tidy enough for when people are visiting even though you don’t want them there and just want to carry on gaming. :-)

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 15:28.
    • blackredyellow
      Since: Mar 2009

Funny, my parents and brother are here visiting this week! They don’t seem to impressed by my decision to wear my headphones and play all day…

Comment posted on 24/06/2013 at 04:40.
  7. a inferior race
    I'm special

Tef, I think you may have pasted the wrong leaderboard.

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 17:07.
  8. MadJunkBoy
    Since: Aug 2010

nice setup BRY! looks clean and awesome! and nothing can beat a little bit of swedish furniture!

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 17:32.
    • blackredyellow
      Since: Mar 2009

Swedish wood, c’mon MJB it was there to be taken!

Comment posted on 24/06/2013 at 04:42.
  9. Crazy_Del

Awesome set up BRY.
    I have just obtained The Last of Us Platinum and the fastest too (Sorry Tef) xD

Comment posted on 23/06/2013 at 19:42.
  10. blackredyellow
    Since: Mar 2009

Thanks guys! I do love my set up, if I had more stuff it’d be filling those squares.

Just bought a second PS3 for the bedroom, have to submit it for another weeks set up :)

Comment posted on 24/06/2013 at 04:38.