Nolan North Has "No Idea" About Uncharted 4

Pants on fire.

“We are working on something – the DLC – but we aren’t sure what it is yet,” say The Last Of Us developers Naughty Dog in this new developer diary. “We’ll let you know once we figure it out.”

And speaking of what Naughty Dog are doing next, long time collaborator Nolan North has also said he has “no idea” what is happening with Nathan Drake and Uncharted 4.

“Everybody asks about Uncharted 4,” he said. “‘I have no idea’ is the answer. I really don’t. Naughty Dog is busy with The Last of Us, which is supposed to be fantastic, but they’ve been really, really busy with that. Maybe, once that’s finished and the dust settles from all that, maybe we’ll know more about the possibility of that.”

“I’m hoping, but I really don’t know. The fact that I don’t know is always disconcerting,” he added, “but we’ll see.”

Shortly after his pants spontaneously combusted.

1. 3shirts

I was reading this and was just about to scroll back up to see who wrote it, then I hit the last line and knew it was Tuffcub.

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 09:51.
    • double-o-dave
      Since: Nov 2008

That’s exactly what I just did!
      In fact, I still haven’t scrolled back up.

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 11:33.
    • Jakster123x
      Since: Aug 2011

Haha, that’s exactly what happened to me too.

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 11:46.
  2. jimmy-google

Maybe it’s Uncharted but not Uncharted 4 or maybe he is working on Uncharted Vita 2? I can’t believe there isn’t at least one Uncharted game being made somewhere.

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 09:56.
  3. Erroneus
    Wanted "Trophy Hunter" but was too late.

“Naughty Dog is busy with The Last of Us, which is supposed to be fantastic”

Oh Nolan you know, considering you have a pretty huge voice acting role in the game :)

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 10:23.
    • Origami Killer

Just had to check on this, can’t believe he was David!

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 10:26.
      • Erroneus
        Wanted "Trophy Hunter" but was too late.

Yeah that was a nice surprise and I’m sure not many noticed it was Nolan :) Also reviewers wasn’t allowed to reveal it in their reviews. I guess Sony wanted it as a surprise, for a long time as possible.

I’m also sure he did some of the MP voices, sounds a lot like him.

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 11:15.
  4. KeRaSh

Well, I’m sure Naughty Dog would already be hard at work on UC4 if they were developing that, right? I don’t know at which stage of the development they would start with the voice work but since he’s Drake’s mocap actor also (I think?) he should already be involved big time.
    Unless he’s keeping us in the dark on purpose ND could really be working on a new IP.
    Hopefully we’ll know more by the end of the year.

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 11:40.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

I think we’ll know in a couple of weeks actually.

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 15:02.
  5. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

Naughty Dog has two teams, the other one must be doing something. But it doesn’t have to be Uncharted. It probably is though.

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 11:44.
  6. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

I’d probably forget which games I was in, if I was in nearly all of them, too :)

Can’t wait for Uncharted 4

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 12:41.
  7. Cort
    Since: Mar 2009

“…Naughty Dog is busy with The Last of Us, which is supposed to be fantastic…”

Supposed to be fantastic.
    Supposed to be.
    Supposed.

North doesn’t play the game he is in? WTF?

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 12:47.
  8. BerackyWack

Uncharted 4 on the PS4 will be mind-blowing. Can’t wait to see what ND can get out of the PS4.

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 13:38.
  9. Origami Killer

I hope there isn’t a new Uncharted for a while, a long while at that. They left it on a perfect moment, which I wouldn’t want to see spoiled by further entries so soon.

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 13:57.
  10. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

We all know the fourth Uncharted is coming on PS4 for one last time before ND move on to a new game.

Comment posted on 03/07/2013 at 14:15.