Sony's Vita "Mega Pack" Downloads Don't Actually Work For Some

Users who have bought the 8GB card are facing serious issues getting the games to download.

The retail pack.
Sony’s Mega Pack for the Vita – an 8GB memory card and vouchers for several games – seems like a bargain purchase but it’s not actually working for a fair chunk of users.

The pack costs £35, and was released at the end of last week. It contains download tokens for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, WipeOut 2048, MotorStorm RC, Little Deviants, Frobisher Says!, Ecolibrium, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, Lemmings, Hungry Giraffe and The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character.

However, a sizable number of people over on the official forums are complaining that they’re not able to actually get the downloads to kick into life, despite repeated attempts.

Early chatter appears to centre around users trying the code before the pack’s official release on the 28th, but errors are surfacing with purchases from this week – well after the release date. From what we can gather apparently it’s an issue with the activation of Rotating Octopus Character.

It seems like the major issue isn’t that the games don’t work, it’s the lack of communication from Sony on the matter, something that’s happened in the past. Some users are complaining they’re not getting a promised callback from customer support, others are saying they’re getting nothing at all.

Have you bought the pack? Does it work for you?

1. tonyyeb
    Since: Aug 2010

I got the pack with my new Vita on Wednesday and had no trouble at all but then I haven’t tried Rotating Octopus Character yet. Other than having to format the memory card from what I’ve tried so far I’ve had no problems.

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 13:02.
  2. Joshua Hood
    Small briefcase w*nker

My girlfriend got a Vita and the pack earlier this week and had no issues, seems to be fine :)

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 13:10.
  3. simplebob
    Since: Mar 2009

Yep, I received the pack yesterday and cant download any of the games. Enter the code, mega pack comes up, hungry giraffe is shown, click next, rotating octopus is shown, get prompted to confirm the terms and you get an error. Tried on PS3 and got the same issue. I am hoping Sony are looking into this. At least I have Unit 13 and Ninja Gaiden to keep me happy while I wait, and can take any anger out on the awesome Hotline Miami.

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 13:12.
    • blarty
      Since: Apr 2011

Are you able to redeem through the web store and then access to download on Vita via your transaction history?

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 14:31.
    • blarty
      Since: Apr 2011
      • simplebob
        Since: Mar 2009

I will give this a go when I’m back at home tonight. Left the code at home, although I’m expecting the same result as on the PS3. Worth a shot though.

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 16:23.
      • simplebob
        Since: Mar 2009

Tried it on the SEN account and I’m getting “The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid”. Not looking good…..

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 18:26.
  4. wonkey-willy
    Since: Jan 2010

2 words!
    Microsoft Gremilins.
    .lololo.
    each pack comes with a cunning ms gremlin for free..

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 14:32.
  5. parryman
    Since: Apr 2012

I’m tempted with this, but already have a couple of the games.
    are the codes redeemable by more than 1 person?
    e.g. if I offered the duplicates up in some sort of raffle, would they be able to use them?

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 15:46.
    • simplebob
      Since: Mar 2009

Its only one code thats provided, not seperate codes for each game so once its redeemed thats it. Actually I’m just wondering if this is all caused because people own one or more of the titles. I own Wipeout already and I have seen that certain parts of game bundles arent available on the store because I already own somthing in the bundle.

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 16:31.
  6. Mr-Flame-Head
    Since: Mar 2009

when I saw they were doing a mega pack I was a tad excited but I own most of those games digitally so its absolutely pointless for me to get it which is a shame

Comment posted on 06/07/2013 at 10:31.