I didn’t even really mean for that pun in the title to happen, it just did. Yes, it seems that Minecraft has been blocked from the top spot by heist shooter PayDay 2, which is absolutely brilliant news; it’s great to see two once-indie developers hit the big time with two fantastic games.
Black Ops II has had a bit of a resurgence, too, jumping up to third, with FIFA in fourth, which is followed by the ever-present Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Sony’s incredible The Last of Us at fifth and sixth respectively.
It’s a familiar tale in the rest of the top 20, with LEGO games, Skyrim, GTA, Assassin’s Creed, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3 and all the other franchises we’re now used to see in the charts.
- PAYDAY 2 – 505 GAMES
- MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION – MICROSOFT
- CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- FIFA 13 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF – NINTENDO
- THE LAST OF US – SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- THE SMURFS 2 – UBISOFT
- LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- TOMB RAIDER – SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
- GRAND THEFT AUTO IV – TAKE 2
- ASSASSIN’S CREED III – UBISOFT
- THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM – LEGENDARY – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- FAR CRY 3 – UBISOFT
- MAX PAYNE 3 – TAKE 2
- GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES – LIBERTY CITY – TAKE 2
- BATTLEFIELD 3 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- BIOSHOCK INFINITE – TAKE 2
- RED DEAD REDEMPTION: GOTY – TAKE 2