The Order 1886 Is The Start Of A Franchise - New Details And Artwork

When did the other 1885 games release?

Sony’s upcoming PS4 exclusive The Order 1886 is aiming to become the next big franchise, following in the footsteps of Ubisoft with Watch Dogs, it seems. Speaking to VG24/7, Ready At Dawn CEO Ru Weerasuriya stated that the “first game” is the upcoming PS4 title, set in post-industrial London.

A Vita game after seems likely; could The Order be the next big game series for Sony a la Killzone or Uncharted? Who knows, but new some details shared on the European PlayStation twitter account are very promising.

This means that “you can shoot things and then keep on shooting those individual elements,” so it seems like an evolved sense of destruction. They followed this up by stating: “With #PS4 we’re getting more real on every front. Not just skin & animation but the way the world interacts.”

It all sounds very impressive, and the new artwork (via) below gives a good sense of what the game will look like, even if it’s not in-game footage.

1. yiddo
    Since: Jun 2010

Holy shit at that last artwork image. If they can get the game to faithfully recreate the style and look of that then we are in for a stunner.

Comment posted on 21/08/2013 at 14:07.
  2. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

When the original trailer aired at E3, I was super-interested, but tgen the final few seconds made it look like another shooter so I’m not as fussed as I might have been.

We’ll see I suppose, but the setting looks like it deserves more than just another shooting gallery.

Comment posted on 21/08/2013 at 14:12.
    • yiddo
      Since: Jun 2010

Completely disagree. Another shooter would be Battlefield, COD etc. The setting seems great, the weapons look unique and not like your typical shooter, and the enemies don’t seem like your typical shooter.

Comment posted on 21/08/2013 at 16:31.
  3. Damon
    Since: Jul 2013

This game is the one that make me excited for PS4. I really hope we get some gameplay soon so we can see how it actually plays and I would love this to become a franchise because it seems to have great potential.

Comment posted on 21/08/2013 at 14:20.
  4. TheShepanator

I honestly hope this isn’t a generic shooter with a gimmick setting.

Comment posted on 21/08/2013 at 14:29.
  5. ashw92
    Since: Aug 2010

I’m really liking the look of this but like others hope it isn’t just you standard shooter with a pretty skin and a cool setting. Would really like it be something different. It definitely still has me interested at least.

Comment posted on 21/08/2013 at 14:49.