September's PlayStation Plus Content Announced

Assassin's Creed, Jak & Daxter, Stealth Inc and more.

Sony have just announced the complete line-up for this September’s PlayStation Plus update.

Joining the subscription service with next week’s PS Store update will be Assassin’s Creed 3, The Jak & Daxter Trilogy and Stealth Inc: A Clone In The Dark for PS3, whilst Vita gamers can enjoy Urban Trials Freestyle and New Little Kings Story.

Don’t forget, Sony are currently running a promotion granting 90 days extra free if you sign up to a year’s PS+, and as if that wasn’t enough, there’s currently a Killzone Mercenary Beta and Puppeteer demo exclusive to Plus.

Need For Speed Most Wanted, The ICO Collection, Demon’s Souls, Lego Lord Of The Rings and When Vikings Attack will all be leaving Plus when the update goes live, August 28th.

Source: PlayStation Blog

1. 3shirts

Yay, been holding out for Jak and Daxter. Love Dax!

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 13:10.
  2. CJay
    Since: Apr 2009

Nice to see we’re now getting New Little King’s Story. I was waiting for that based on the leaked list that ended up changing on the last month. Urban Trials is good and I have Stealth Inc (or Stealth Bastard) on PC.

Typical – I was debating buying Jak and Daxter for ages and finally gave in. Now it’s free! I’m sure Sony are trying to get me to stop buying games.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 13:11.
    • Eldave0
      andUandU

Therein lies the evil of PS+. Amazing value but I was constantly reluctant to buy new games whilst I was a member.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 13:19.
      • skibadee
        Since: Oct 2009

never think like that still just buy my games.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 18:32.
  3. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

I bought Jak & Daxter on the vita & got it for free on ps3 so not bothered, think its cross buy so the chances are the vita version will be free aswell then if you got ps3. I must warn you though Jak is the worst HD port out there.

Urban trial & little king it is then AC3 already got. I want to buy resistance burning sky but something keeps telling its coming to plus

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 13:16.
    • Adam Guest
      Since: Apr 2010

Resistance probably isn’t worth your money, even for free. If it comes to Plus, give it a go, if it doesn’t – well, you’re not missing much, honest.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 13:35.
      • McProley
        Since: Aug 2011

I thought R:BS was a fun enough little game. The textures were a bit poor and the story was a bit non existent but stil wortha play I reckon. Besides, its a pretty easy plat

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 13:41.
      • TSBonyman

Aargh, don’t say that about R:BS – i just bought it in the sale yesterday! :S

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 14:09.
    • TSBonyman

I’ve only played The Precursor Legacy on Vita – it did seem slightly downgraded visually but other than that i’m actually finding it a delight to play on handheld.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 13:48.
    • 3shirts

To be honest, even if Jak is exactly the same as the PS2 version I’ll be happy. Just want an excuse to play it again

Comment posted on 23/08/2013 at 07:28.
  4. SoundableObject
    Since: Aug 2013

I bought the Vita version of Urban Trial a couple of weeks ago. Wa shoping it was the PS3 version :(

AC3 looks good. Though I still haven’t played the last AC2 spin-off yet.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 13:35.
  5. McProley
    Since: Aug 2011

Great news on Urban Trials Elastomania, been wanting this for a while. Not sure if Little King is my thing, is it an RPG or a RTS? i couldnt work it out from the trailer that I’ve seen

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 13:43.
  6. stormy
    Since: Apr 2010

I wonder if Stealth or Jak will work with cross-buy. Lots of people have asked to deafening silence.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 13:51.
    • Slash
      Since: Jun 2012

Is it me or it there a trendy line to give less and less answers and feedback in the playstation blog?
      I’m not sure why they get Blog Managers and whatever roles for the community, when most of the comments are ignored.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 14:04.
    • hazelam

i got both the PS3 and Vita versions of When Vikings Attack when they said they were giving away the Vita version last month, so it’s possible.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 14:48.
    • salvodaze
      Since: Dec 2012

It’s only for PS3, it was stated on the EU blog by a staff member.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 16:23.
      • salvodaze
        Since: Dec 2012

Meaning Jak & Daxter. Stealth Inc, on the other hand is free on both.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 16:23.
  7. stormy
    Since: Apr 2010

According to the blog now Stealth is cross-buy. Jak isn’t.. Shame.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 13:54.
  8. Jim Hargreaves

Just hoping the Jd trilogy is cross-buy, would love to have that on my Vita. LKS should keep me ticking over, mind.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 14:34.
  9. stormy
    Since: Apr 2010

Jak isn’t cross buy unfortunately.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 14:38.
  10. zb100

Corking update.

Comment posted on 22/08/2013 at 17:27.