Vita Console And Memory Prices Cut Online

Cheap as chips.

As announced earlier this week, the prices of PlayStation Vita and its proprietary memory cards have started to fall – at certain retailers at least.

If you’re looking to pick up Sony’s handheld before the launch of the PS4 this November 29th, both Amazon and GAME have reduced Vita hardware, with the latter currently offering a 3G enabled console, alongside an 8GB memory card & the rather glorious Killzone Mercenary, all for £169.99 – or less if you use a bit of internet savvy and discount codes.

Killzone Mercenary is currently in open Beta for PlayStation Plus subscribers and is certainly looking like it will deliver a “proper FPS” to the handheld when it’s released in September. If shooters aren’t your thing, however, there’s the original “Mega Pack” bundle for the same price, which includes a good selection of 10 smaller games, or there’s a Vita and the recent Need For Speed game for just £10 more – although both these deals include a Wifi only console.

Perhaps you already have a Vita, and are excited about all those new indies PlayStation are bringing to next-gen? Well, thankfully, you’ve not been forgotten either – the price of Vita’s memory cards have been cut too, with a 32GB – now a far more reasonable £39.99 at Amazon, a discount of some 30%.

So, to those who’ve yet to grab Sony’s glorious handheld, with all those new games on the horizon, and with rumours of a redesign seemingly unfounded, now’s as good a time as ever, don’t you think?

1. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

Ordered a 32GB from Amazon the other day, got to wait until up to Sept 16th for delivery, yes… Really.

Hoping other retailers join in because I’ll cancel my Amazon order

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 14:09.
    • yiddo
      Since: Jun 2010

I ordered a 16GB from Amazon. It’s coming from a company called Rarewaves (Or something similarly named) and it says the estimated delivery date is from the 28th of August to the 7th of September :/

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 15:18.
      • yiddo
        Since: Jun 2010

I ordered it days ago by the way, I should add.

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 15:19.
    • DividSmythe
      Since: May 2012

Really. I was thinking about getting the eldest girl one for her birthday on 10th September. I’ll just have to get her 16gb.

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 15:22.
    • colmshan1990
      Since: Apr 2009

I ordered mine before Amazon applied the cut and had the difference refunded to me when they changed the price, as it was a ‘significant difference.’

It’s been dispatched and should arrive tomorrow, going by the standard three days of postage when I order something from the UK (or wherever Amazon are shipping from anyway).

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 21:01.
  2. TSBonyman

Excellent, i’ll pick up a 32GB soon. Are there any issues with swapping in and out different memory cards in the Vita?

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 14:22.
    • robbond

I swap between an 8 and 32 with no problems. I does a small update each time but only takes a few seconds. also can make your game icons seem messy when you swap about if you care about that sort of thing

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 16:07.
      • TSBonyman

Cheers robbond, i was more worried about having to reset my profile each time but that sounds fine.

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 18:40.
  3. yiddo
    Since: Jun 2010

I got the Wifi model from Zavvi the other day for £140, and a 16GB from Amazon for £30. 16GB will last me alot of time, so I’ll get a 32GB much further down the line, after they’ve inevitably been cut again.

Couldn’t stand putting up with a 8GB card, so 16 is just right for me. Also don’t need 3G for a variety of reasons, one being that I can use my phone as a hotspot anywhere I am, and not pay extra for the Vita and its 3G.

Good deals though!

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 15:17.
  4. gaffers101
    Since: Oct 2008

I think I’ll treat myself to one of those 32gb cards. I’m using two 8gb cards at the moment and it’s a pain in the arse!!

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 16:37.
  5. jontheking
    Since: Oct 2008

I had been looking at one for ages and I went for the exact package you guys have highlighted from game just yesterday. Great price especially if u do use a code that was featured at hotukdeals to get extra £10 off which I found all too tempting to hold off purchasing one for any longer. Can’t wait to get it and with ps plus the vita should have a steady flow of games even without having to buy many games for it was my thinking anyway, oh and of course to use with ps4 when it comes out.

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 16:53.
  6. freezebug2

That is a decent deal for the 3G bundle, although I thought most retailers were reluctant to stock the Voda-Vita model these days given that sales were a bit lacklustre.
    Noticed that one of Amazons Marketplace traders (new starter) was selling said model for £129.99 (no bundle). Always risky and caution being key with a new starter trader, but nice price nevertheless.

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 18:32.
  7. DJ Judas
    Epic

I grabbed the £169 mega pack on Friday, quite enjoying it, just a shame the 8GB card is instantly filled.

Think I’ll leave it a while before picking up another memory card though, at least until the shortages are sorted out.

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 18:39.
  8. cnutard
    Since: Apr 2011

I’m inevitably going to purchase a Vita once PS4 launches, just for all the PS+ games I’ve got in the download list. Can anyone explain the 3G model for me… Does it have to be set-up with vodafone? What sort of extra costs are involved?

Comment posted on 26/08/2013 at 15:35.
    • colmshan1990
      Since: Apr 2009

It doesn’t have to be with Vodafone (it comes with a bundled Vodafone SIM but it’s unlocked so can take any SIM card), any extra costs are whatever you pay to whichever network for data, either pre-pay or bill pay, your choice.

Comment posted on 26/08/2013 at 18:59.