October’s PS+ Revealed, Includes Far Cry 3

Street Fighter X Tekken for PS Vita.

Sony have been in touch to let us know next month’s PS+ games for Europe and as usual there are some corkers.

October’s big game is Far Cry 3, one of our favourite games from last year, and joining it will be a reboot of an Amiga classic, namely Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams.

The third title will be Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, in which you will delve into the depths of the mysterious Bitterblack Isle, where a dark labyrinth lies deep beneath its surface, haunted by the many voices of the Arisen and deadly secrets waiting to be uncovered. Ooh, spooky!

PlayStation Vita owner will be clearing space on their memory cards for Street Fighter X Tekken and Touch my Katamari.

What do you think of the next months offerings? Let us know in the comments!

Source: Press Release

1. arrybags
    Since: Sep 2010

Not bad at all. I was fully expecting Heavy Rain to be one of the games to help promote Beyond, so Far Cry which is much newer is a bonus

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:15.
    • salvodaze
      Since: Dec 2012

Isn’t Heavy Rain disc-only?
      Already had Far Cry 3, played it less than 10 hours so far, so maybe everyone playing it will help motivate me to get back into it. It looked really good too.

Katamari is genius. It’s the only game I got to 100% on the Vita. Wonderful humor (as usual) and gameplay. The controls are simply great.

Funny enough, the games I don’t own don’t seem to interest me much this month.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:41.
  2. parryman
    Since: Apr 2012

Double awesome haul again.
    I really need to sort out a new memory card for my vita…

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:17.
  3. tonyyeb
    Since: Aug 2010

32gb Vita memory card filling quicker than I’d hoped!

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:20.
    • gaffers101
      Since: Oct 2008

Same here. Wish I’d waited and got a 64gb now!

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 14:51.
  4. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

Far cry 3 one of the best game this gen if u ain’t played it you need too, fun platinum till you have to do co op & done fool keeps choosing same map!

Nothing for me tge

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:20.
    • Taylor Made
      Since: Oct 2011

Nothing for me there though maybe dragon dog but the demo sucked

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:21.
  5. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

Suffered really bad motion sickness with Far Cry 3… Had to trade it back in, although as the were out of stock some guy in the queue at GAME bought it off me.

Not fussed about the rest, except Katamari on Vita will be cool.

Also, after AC2. Rayman & others and especially last month’s AC3 & now Far Cry 3… Is there any point in buying Ubisoft games

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:21.
    • yiddo
      Since: Jun 2010

FC3 gave you motion sickness? Is this a probably you normally experience or was it just Far Cry 3. Was fine for me.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:32.
      • cc_star
        Team TSA: Writer

Never had it before. Came on after a short time so something regular breaks wouldn’t fix.

Strange. Disappointing as I was enjoying the game too

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 12:18.
    • three_leg_jake
      Since: Aug 2011

Wasn’t there a setting to reduce the “head bob” on Far Cry 3? Or am I thinking of Dishonoured?

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 12:14.
    • Eldur
      Since: Nov 2012

That’s a real shame. The sense of physicality in Far Cry 3 (along with the setting) made it one of the most enjoyable FPSs of 2013 for me…

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 12:18.
  6. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

Awesome, have been looking out for a FC3 price drop, as I didn’t want it enough to pay large sums of cash for it. Anyone know if the entire game can be played co-op?

I shall also enjoy Katamari (the wife loves it too) and maybe even Dragon’s Dogma – I thought the demo was reasonably good.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:27.
    • Dan Jones

No the story is entirely single player. There are only about 6 online coop missions, which aren’t that good in comparison to the single player.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:31.
      • cam_manutd

The co-op missions are a real grind and ballache. Can take anywhere from half an hour+. It is streets ahead of FC2 though in temrs of gameplay.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:40.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

Thanks guys…may not start it yet then, what with GTA5 and KZ…I was hoping to enjoy some co-op action. I may still play it though at some point, everyone seems to love the SP.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:43.
      • samiro05

I’ll do the co op stuff with you when we’ve got it

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 11:31.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

If I decide to start playing it then sure mate, sounds good! ;)

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 12:53.
      • Wardy-77-
        Since: Mar 2013

You ain’t played FC3 youles where you been! lol ;)

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 16:03.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

I know mate, one of the few big games I haven’t purchased (as it would just have gone into the backlog)! Still need to complete Metro Last Light, Dishonored, LA Noire, GoW:A, AC3 and Blops2 :/

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 16:52.
      • Wardy-77-
        Since: Mar 2013

Far Cry 3 was one of the best games I’ve played along with the brilliant Tomb Raider,if you do get round to playing it I think you’ll enjoy it great game ;)

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 17:52.
  7. Dan Jones

Sold Far Cry 3 a few months ago so it would be nice to play it again, one of the best games of 2012. Never platinumed it though, as the coop missions were long winded. Touch my Katamari interests me as well. Next month will be the month I re-subscribe to Plus for sure.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:29.
  8. XisTG

I’m actually playing Far Cry 3 these days, and that is a great game to have indeed. I’m also stocked to try Dragon’s Dogma.
    I also own Street Fighter X Tekken, but Katamari will be nice (at least I remember it being nice) :)

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:33.
  9. Tarbun84
    Since: Feb 2012

I have been tempted to buy Street Fighter X Tekken for ages so that is a huge bonus for me. The rest have either been played or I am not fussed

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:36.
  10. Klart
    Since: Jun 2010

Far Cry 3 is a fantastic game. I don’t have the others & I’m very pleased with those!

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 10:40.